Why are men such jerks? - Page 2

Why are men such jerks?

This is a discussion on Why are men such jerks? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Harryball Who better to ask? I dunno, Dr. Phil's website?...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Why are men such jerks?

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Who better to ask?
    I dunno, Dr. Phil's website?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    How does your friend's lousy relationship skills translate to men being jerks?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

All guys are not jerks. She needs to reconsider where she is looking for men.

When someone invites you on a boat, it's probably not for sight seeing. I know plenty of good single guys that she could meet at church.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    How does your friend's lousy relationship skills translate to men being jerks?
    It's a fair bet she's referring to the high incidence of men out there who just think with their "heads," to the apparent exclusion of all else ... those who show such thinking in spades, some not even masking their true (sole) intentions. "Jerks" being code for "not what she's looking for at all."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have a lady friend. She is drop dead gorgeous which is causing her some real problems
    Pics....?
    barstoolguru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I dunno, Dr. Phil's website?
    Thats funny. As I see it most of the guys around here are Type A type guys. These are the type of guys you want to ask. They will be honest about what they are saying, holding nothing back. Truth can be a double edged sword...The OPs friends needs the truth....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It's a fair bet she's referring to the high incidence of men out there who just think with their "heads," to the apparent exclusion of all else ... those who show such thinking in spades, some not even masking their true (sole) intentions. "Jerks" being code for "not what she's looking for at all."
    And if they mask their true intentions, they go from being jerks to being dishonest jerks. Tell the truth, and there will be no misunderstandings.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Thats funny. As I see it most of the guys around here are Type A type guys. These are the type of guys you want to ask. They will be honest about what they are saying, holding nothing back. Truth can be a double edged sword...The OPs friends needs the truth....
    Fair enough.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    It's hard to find someone to fall in love with. It's even harder to find someone who loves you back.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I must agree with Gassmitty that she should seriously look at the signals she is sending through how she dresses and moves. Physical attraction is a completely natural phenomenon and should be expected. On the other hand, she should be comfortable letting men know up front that she's not a "party girl". "Know thyself" applies. To that purpose, she should sit down and write out a list of her wants, needs, and goals. She would then be in a position to better communicate those to her suitors. If nothing else, It would take some of the pressure off of the rest of us jerks.
    paramedic70002 likes this.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Why are guys such jerks?

It's genetic.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I have a lady friend. She is drop dead gorgeous which is causing her some real problems.
    Pics....?
    The discussion is about how to avoid them.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

She's probably giving off the wrong signal with her choice of wardrobe. Regardless, she seems to be finding guys she is attracted to, but then when the guy behaves as she realistically should expect, she acts surprised and disappointed. Maybe instead of looking at every date as a potential life long partner, she should relax a bit and realize that she has quite a bit of control and power to not let things progress farther than she is comfortable. That being said, a girl in this day and age in her 30's is not outside the realm of acceptability to have 10, 20, or slightly more intimate partners. So, why not have a little fun and see what she finds? She just may find that one of these guys that took her signals to mean she wants to be intimate now, might be very respectful of her holding out a few more dates to give it up if she decides to do so. This same guy may end up being Mr. Right if she gives him a chance, and allows him to be a man

Here is my ph # br549, have her call me and I will smooth it over. Why are men jerks, he realized he didn't have a chance with her. She just needs tell him off so everyone can hear it, make a scene.... that or pepper spray him

We're just misunderstood.

Not all men are jerks, and there are many who would love to have a woman who is very physically attractive and not for that only, but for yes, a deeper and more meaningful relationship. Flip the coin over, and I have been done very dirty by attractive women that I have dated, and we know the hurt of it. Now they are in the long distant past and I am married to a wonderful, attractive and loving woman.

Blame it on testosterone though. It fuels the desire for the physical contact and sometimes can be a tad over the top, especially for someone in their 20's and 30's. Often the physical desire is confused early on in life as "love" and yet, it really isn't, it is just the natrual born-into-us thing.

Women spend zillions on making themselves physically attractive. Those who do not see this must be living under a rock, and advertising takes relatively unfair advantage of it. They project the image of sexiness and how to achieve it with what ever product they are hawking. As the saying goes, "Sex sells." We seem to be caught up in it and somehow cannot separate the fact from the fiction and so, many men buy into it and believe they are "the Creator's gift to women" and act that way because the physical beauty is sidelining them from a true loving relationship.

Your friend needs to realize this. It is a fact of life that won't go away or have an easy answer. All she can do is keep on keeping on and one day out of the blue, Mr. Justin Right will come into view. Sometimes you have to pull out and deal with a few weeds before you find the fruit.

Let's hope she can find that special someone but feeling that all of the male species are cretins could doom her to the life without.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links