Why are men such jerks?

This is a discussion on Why are men such jerks? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by 357and40 My wife & I weren't each others type... Think outside the box... Been together since 1999, got married in '04, had ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Why are men such jerks?

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    My wife & I weren't each others type... Think outside the box...
    Been together since 1999, got married in '04, had our son in '07...
    Good for you!

Wife an I met and knew each other for 3 months. Then was physically separated for 6 months (we were both in the Army and I had to go to a different location TDY). Got married two weeks after we got together again. Been married 20 years 2 months. Different personalities also. Strange how things work out.
    357and40 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

let’s change the thread to "why are woman such "jerks" now; this way no one can say this thread is not bias.....
    msgt/ret likes this.

Better title: "OP, Sweep her off her feet & treat her like a lady to keep the jerks off her"
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Multiple reasons. We are not each others' type. We make much better friends
    Wait, wait, wait, you are bemoaning the fact she keeps winding up with jerks, imply here that you are not a jerk, and then tell us you aren't each other's type. I would be confused by this were I an easily-confused sort of guy.
    She lives in Chicago. Also why the suggestion of that pink LCR would not work.
    And you live in Portland, Oregon. Maybe I am confused, after all.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Maybe she is better off not being married. I married my wife after 4 years of dating because it seemed like the next thing to do. Now 20 years later I have doubts as to if I did the right thing.
    I made a commitment before God and we have a son who is the most important person in my life. These are the reasons I am still here. I guess if I had not married I would not have him so maybe
    I did do the right thing but wow living with her is difficult. I am jealous of those who have found their true love and wonder what I could have done differently.

My this sounds really negative. Tell her to keep looking and not to settle for anything less than the right guy. If she was a guy I would say to use her big head not the little one. Also don't let
    time force you into something that is not right for the long haul.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    How many opportunities does the Internet offer to air this out? At least a couple others I think. Sorry for being a jerk but .....seriously? Hells bells man.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Awkward silence...
    guardmt likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

It works both ways IMO. Guys work with the short end of the stick.....having less intelligence than women, and being less sensitive. I guess this goes back to the caveman days and the hunting ordeal. Not sure. I don't look at things in true black and white anymore.......I've seen plenty of real A-holes from each gender to know enough there's not much difference when you think of it as the public in general. Many things (supposed problems) are now apparently solved through prescription medications. Men are jerks, and women are??????? when they do the same acts. How much more would you like me to explain? Depending on your religious beliefs.......I think the answer lies in the Bible and the garden of Eden. Women are clearly considered of less in most societies.....yet they continue to give birth to more men.
    Not all men are jerks......just depends on who's handing out judgement at the time I guess. Perspective? Predisposition? DNA? Every question demands an answer. Answers only come once the truth is know. Let me know when your question is answered, and we'll both know the truth.

The question is not "why are MEN such jerks" that is a dumb generalization. The real question is "Why is everyone she dates a jerk?" I have an answer for that, she chooses poorly. What she is looking for in men is exactly what decorates jerks. Maybe they all must be as attractive as her? Maybe she is looking for some money? Whatever. She is obviously trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's a good definition of insanity. Most of us on this board can spot jerks a mile away, why can't she? I suggest you either grab her for your own or let her work out her problem. If she is a real looker and you don't want her, maybe your inner guy is saying "no way" to a relationship with her.

That's my man-based view. My Christian view is for her to come to the Lord Jesus and let him lead her life. End of problems.

Gotta confess, didn't read most of the posts above, but: Most guys are jerks. Gorgeous women have it rough. The players wanna jump their bones, the decent guys feel like she too beautiful for them, they don't haver a chance. Life sucks, carry on.

Bob

Gotta add, some (most?) women like the "bad boys". Nice guys don't do well...........................
    mr.stuart and ExactlyMyPoint like this.

VIP Member
    I have found that the prettier the girl the less in touch with reality they are. The spectacularly pretty woman never deals with the real world like 9s and below do. I would say that in most cases the fact that they are so pretty causes them to lose sight of many things that normal people consider important. They live in a sort of bubble.

I lived in SoCal through most of the 90s. I dated some very pretty women. When I met my wife I thought she was just OK, kind of girl next door pretty, but not up to par like previous GFs. She asked me out first because I would not have asked her. The funny part was that when we went out I always had a great time. She was fun and funny.

In the end what attracted me to her was her brains, her sense of humor and her grit.

EMP, I wrote all of this to say that perhaps your friend should look for someone more common, more grounded and less cool/handsome/suave. As many have said before, church would be a great place to look. But not to look really, more to get to know a few people and then find the diamond in the rough.
    JoJoGunn and Madcap_Magician like this.

If it helps the imagery any, I will tell you she is of Scandinavian decent.
    Which country?

Spent 3 weeks in Finland last summer. Lot of attractive ladies running around there.

Don't have much else to contribute. Look elsewhere or look at yourself to see whats causing this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've been married to my high school sweetheart for over 40 years. Some people might (and probably do) consider me a jerk, but I'm sure she doesn't.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

She needs to kiss enough frogs to find her prince is a big part of it and the second part is to recognize that many guys (not all) are jerks and she needs to get over it and not be emotionally torn up by it. Just move on to the next one who is hopefully a keeper!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links