"Gun Used by Shooter Is Known for Its Deadly Power"

This is a discussion on "Gun Used by Shooter Is Known for Its Deadly Power" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "The pistol used...is among the more lethal handguns on the American firearms market." Well, the writer is correct, isn't he? Of course, just about as ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: "Gun Used by Shooter Is Known for Its Deadly Power"

"The pistol used...is among the more lethal handguns on the American firearms market."

Well, the writer is correct, isn't he?

Of course, just about as lethal is every .45ACP, .40S&W, 9mm, .357Magnum, and a slew of other handguns in many calibers. and we won't even mention long guns.

one thing i haven't figured out: if guns are so evil, how come the antis seem to be OK with police and military personnel having them? it couldn't be that in the right hands that firearms are OK? maybe it's not the guns that worry them so much as the people (ordinary, law-abiding citizens) who have them. if the gun grabbers knew any history, they would be much more concerned about the police and military having a legal monopoly on firearms.

2. Remove Ads

The translation is "The shooter had a bad gun, but the cops had good guns"
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    The translation is "The shooter had a bad gun, but the cops had good guns"
    Then why did the good guns hit more innocent bystanders than the bad one?

Just askin'
    357and40 and AZJD1968 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well, I've heard all the hype of the deadly Star 45, man I wish they were still in business!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

So are you guys saying you'd just as soon be hit with a .45 as a .22? That caliber is irrelevant? That no gun is any more "deadly" than another? Sure, the contents of the article are no-brainer stuff for a gun enthusiast but who's his audience? The NRA? I don't think so.

According to the byline at the top of the article and the credits at the bottom... it took 17 people to write this and other articles about the Empire State Building shootings....

Isn't high capacity reporting a violation of.... oh, no--- wait... my bad.. that's MAGAZINE reporting... this is a newspaper.... well it calls itself one anyway...
    Ionracas likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    That just gives me the warm and fuzzies about the decision I made to carry a .45, it's right there in black and white, it 'Must" be true.

Yaaahhwwwwnnnnnnnn...

Next...
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    Glad to know my 1911's are so feared by the left. I'm wondering why anyone would own a firearm that ISN'T known for its deadly power.
    So is it bad that when I went shopping at the lgs for a home defense gun that I told the guy behind the counter I wanted a gun that would just piss somebody off and not hurt them. Im hoping maybe I can just scare the hardened violent criminal away with the noise, I wouldnt want to hurt him or kill him or anything. Criminals are just trying to make it, you know feed their hungry familys and such, right?
    pir8fan likes this.

Ok, everyone with GLOCK 30's or 21's I will take these off your hands for no charge. If the 1911 8-round .45 acp pistol is one of the most lethal guns out there I'd hate to think of the sheer terror those high capacity GLOCKs can inflict on the world.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

It is like every time there is a shooting reporters give info about these dastardly powerful weapons with no info. They should at least consult with someone who knows about guns before putting it into print.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Thats why NYC cops have to empty their guns with the puny 9mm bullets that are more suitable for large populated areas that provide human backstops behind their actual targeted person
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    So are you guys saying you'd just as soon be hit with a .45 as a .22? That caliber is irrelevant? That no gun is any more "deadly" than another? Sure, the contents of the article are no-brainer stuff for a gun enthusiast but who's his audience? The NRA? I don't think so.
    Being shot is like being pregnant, your not "just a little" of either.

My response to being shot at is not varied by the caliber of the gun shooting at me, I will shoot someone with a 22 as fast and as much as someone shooting with a 45.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    The semiautomatic feature means that the gun reloads automatically after the trigger is pulled and a round is fired; it fires larger rounds than most handguns, making it difficult to handle, but powerful.
    I am sure we have enough ladies and smaller statured men on this forum that will dispute the difficulty of handling the mighty .45.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I am sure we have enough ladies and smaller statured men on this forum that will dispute the difficulty of handling the mighty .45.
    Hahahahh! Too funny. Mine was so difficult to handle, I just mounted it to the hood of my truck. Open carry is legal here.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

VIP Member
    A "DeadlY Military Firearm"?

Who would invent such a device??
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links