Darwin Award Winner - What not to use a Ghilliee Suit for.....

This is a discussion on Darwin Award Winner - What not to use a Ghilliee Suit for..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Is 'Big Foot' now 'Flat Foot'?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Darwin Award Winner - What not to use a Ghilliee Suit for.....

Is 'Big Foot' now 'Flat Foot'?
    barstoolguru likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    On the one hand it is so stupid, its funny. On the other hand--imagine that the 15 yr old girl (maybe with a Learner's permit and adult in the co-pilot seat) is YOUR daughter.

Its now YOUR daughter that gets to replay on an endless video-replay loop the scene of this "thing" suddenly appearing in the headlights--and before she can react, WHAM--she nails it. Does "it" fly up onto the hood and maybe smash the windshield? Or is it a glancing blow that crumples the hood and fender--she gets to replay hearing the "thud" and the crunching of bones--knowing that she has just killed someone. She, this innocent 15 yr old kid now get to live with the horrible reality that she ended somebody's life--even if it was his own stupid fault.

My point here is that while it is so stupid as to be funny, there IS another side to this event---the stupid BOZO (I try not to use the kind of language that this [now dead] idiot deserves) by his stupid actions has caused not one but two young, innocent drivers to have to live with ugly, brutal memories. Yeah, the impact of those memories will fade with time, but in the meantime---it will be ugly inside those kids' heads. There is always the "other side of the coin." Prayers to these two young, and now "not-so-innocent" girls.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Oh, yeah! He's definitley in the running for the Darwin!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Totally agree with you Chaplain Scott. That poor girl will definitely suffer some from this incident and that's just totally unfair.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

He is lucky we wasn't shot!

Remember that "Would you shoot bigfoot?" post!?!?!?!
    mano3 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    On the one hand it is so stupid, its funny. On the other hand--imagine that the 15 yr old girl (maybe with a Learner's permit and adult in the co-pilot seat) is YOUR daughter.

Its now YOUR daughter that gets to replay on an endless video-replay loop the scene of this "thing" suddenly appearing in the headlights--and before she can react, WHAM--she nails it. Does "it" fly up onto the hood and maybe smash the windshield? Or is it a glancing blow that crumples the hood and fender--she gets to replay hearing the "thud" and the crunching of bones--knowing that she has just killed someone. She, this innocent 15 yr old kid now get to live with the horrible reality that she ended somebody's life--even if it was his own stupid fault.

My point here is that while it is so stupid as to be funny, there IS another side to this event---the stupid BOZO (I try not to use the kind of language that this [now dead] idiot deserves) by his stupid actions has caused not one but two young, innocent drivers to have to live with ugly, brutal memories. Yeah, the impact of those memories will fade with time, but in the meantime---it will be ugly inside those kids' heads. There is always the "other side of the coin." Prayers to these two young, and now "not-so-innocent" girls.
    Well said, Chaplain Scott.

I have a 14 year old daughter, and my initial thoughts were the same as yours.

I don't think that the world will be missing too much with the absence of a Bigfoot enthusiast.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I find it ironic that a guy would wear a suit well-designed to make you HARD TO SPOT in an effort to prompt a Bigfoot...SIGHTING. And would make that effort on the shoulder of a highway. Sounds like Yeticide to me.

And God Bless those young girls.
    OD* likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    . Sounds like Yeticide to me.
    Now that's funny!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

the saddest part of this whole thing it the IQ in the town of Somers went up

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    ...Yeah, the impact of those memories will fade with time...
    Chaplain, please show some sensitivity. :D
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links