Caribou Coffee denies access to DC

This is a discussion on Caribou Coffee denies access to DC within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Went to Caribou Coffee in Menomonie WI today, looking forward to drinking my girly chilled coffee and read some threads in peace...i got the message ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Caribou Coffee denies access to DC

Caribou Coffee denies access to DC

Went to Caribou Coffee in Menomonie WI today, looking forward to drinking my girly chilled coffee and read some threads in peace...i got the message on my screen that the IT dept blocked the content. Also blocked was NRA.org, american rifleman and mittromney.com. They had no problem with me OCing and that was the first thing the cashier looked at. It was gun, laptop case, face, in that order. Regardless of there being no gunbuster signs, I am never going there again.
    NONAME762 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    10 to 1 the brady bunch vpc and other anti sites are not blocked.
    atctimmy likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Now im tempted to go back and find out.
    goldshellback likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I would. If no one gives them hell about it they will think they "done good".
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Wow!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Don't go back. Write a letter and be done with them.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Administrator
    Ultra-Liberal Lefties have absolutely no problems with the 1st Amendment as long as what is said is what they personally happen to agree with.

A fact that has been proved time and time again.

Find another coffee shop. Your coffee from someplace else won't leave such a bitter taste in your mouth.
    rigel42, Tangle, sensei2 and 9 others like this.

VIP Member
    I like trying various brands of coffee, but I won't be trying caribou coffee, besides I'd feel sorry for those poor roasted and ground-up caribous.

Ppkheat reading this and drinking Louisianas Community brand coffee, who I'm betting has sponsored pro hunting or pro gun events.
    goldshellback and Jeanlouise like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    The Marion County Library wi-fi site does exactly the same thing. Nothing about weapons, guns, etc.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Somewhat off topic yet very much related...why be on a public network without VPN? If you had VPN you would not be subject to their politics via their filters.
    W9HDG likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Did they block Obama's reelection site? I bet we know the answer to that one, don't we?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member
    A lot of commercial web proxy / URL filtering systems have gun related sites blocked by default.
    The Bluecoat system we installed at my place of employment last year was configured as such out of the box. A lot of smaller businesses use "cloud based" URL filtering services offered by companies like Bluecoat that may also block a LOT of sites by default. It may be worth firing off an email to the business in question regarding their URL filtering policy.... they may not even know it's being blocked.

Disclaimer: As an information security professional, I *despise* the term "cloud" in reference to Internet based services... it's nothing more than a marketing term used to make "a bunch of servers on the Internet" sound like something special and secure.... neither of which the "cloud" are... so don't be fooled kids!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Ppkheat reading this and drinking Louisianas Community brand coffee, who I'm betting has sponsored pro hunting or pro gun events.
    Out here I still get, beg for actually, Community coffee from back home. Momma and my wife do their best to keep it stocked for me here, bless their SOULS!

Community DOES, in fact, co-sponser the deer hunt on Avery Island (Tabasco Sauce) once a year for the Boy Scouts. Keeps the heard down and saves a BUNCH of peppers from getting eaten.
    I LOVE my Community Coffee!

As for Caraibuo.... I'd like to know if the allow the 'anti' sites to be accessed....... get the skinny on that, THEN I'd write a letter and have a talk with the mangt.
    Black Knight likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Was barackobama.com the home page?
    Hakkaa päälle!

This is too weird. I've never been at a restaurant that offered WiFi, but then blocked specific sites. Okay, maybe that's not true, I've never pushed the boundaries and done completely inappropriate uploading.

When it comes to coffee, at least 50% of the purchasing decision should be based on how they treat the coffee bean farmers (the other 50% is obviously taste and convenience). I cannot imagine having to then choose based on what WiFi they offer. It seems so silly.

QKShooter: that's a pretty vitriolic post for something that has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links