The head shot - Page 4

The head shot

This is a discussion on The head shot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thanks Mike, I do think he's looking a bit more believable.. While I was fortunate in not having to create him from scratch, he was ...

View Poll Results: "Head Shot": Interested?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can't wait!

65 63.73%
  • Nah, no need or interest.

5 4.90%
  • Meh! Let's see what you can do, yawn.

32 31.37%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The head shot

Thanks Mike,

I do think he's looking a bit more believable..

While I was fortunate in not having to create him from scratch, he was a bit "garfed up" when I started beheading him, and Igor got all weird when I had him provide the brain, it does fit though, so that was a plus. :p
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Continue on Doctor.

VIP Member
    Roll on big buddy!!!!!!!!

I think a shot to somewhere in his mouth would cause significant damage to his neck/vertebrae, and would thus shut him down almost instantly . His mouth/ face being vulnerable in so far as lighter bone structure and no solid muscle tissue.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Continue on Doctor.
    Ahem... Herr Doktor, if you please...

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Roll on big buddy!!!!!!!!

I think a shot to somewhere in his mouth would cause significant damage to his neck/vertebrae, and would thus shut him down almost instantly . His mouth/ face being vulnerable in so far as lighter bone structure and no solid muscle tissue.
    We shall see, won't we?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I vote do it.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Update:
    here's a pic of Mook lit only by the overhead bulb in the bedroom... and your laser sight....

would this be the instant "no-twitch" kill shot that keeps him from pulling the trigger on your daughter?

Time will tell... stay tuned..

Here's the pic:

10-10-00.jpg
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Lookin' good. I'm still interested in the final result. Keep it up!
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Lookin' good. I'm still interested in the final result. Keep it up!
    Thanks, GD... I'm working on it as time allows... Also have some ballistic gel pix to overlay...eventually... a couple of calibers... a couple of specific munitions...

BTW... A head shot is probably a kill shot... but that isn't guaranteed... and just to reiterate... the chances of hitting the right "switch" to stop involuntary nerve/muscle contraction on the trigger finger of Mook... are ASTRONOMICAL..
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

BTW... A head shot is probably a kill shot... but that isn't guaranteed... and just to reiterate... the chances of hitting the right "switch" to stop involuntary nerve/muscle contraction on the trigger finger of Mook... are ASTRONOMICAL..
    The head shot might not be a "kill shot" or instant stop, but it is going to hurt. Keep practicing them...

I might start the "reverse Mozambique": Two shots to the head, one to the chest.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    The head shot might not be a "kill shot" or instant stop, but it is going to hurt. Keep practicing them...
    Sure keep practicing all your shots.. from all positions... weak. strong. supported. not. cover. open.

But that isn't the point here... Should you take this shot if Mook's finger is on the trigger of a gun pressed against your daughters temple? Or should you let him leave alive, without her... Could you live with a surviving (albeit lobotomized) daughter, or one who you indirectly led to the demise of...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I've watched police snipers train and the frontal shot they use is to the tip of the nose, with a rifle - that's where I'd be aiming. The eye/forehead shot is too high for the bullet to reach the brainstem and thicker/curves bones are all around. Worth every penny you paid for it

On when to take the shot, I'd wait until the gun wasn't pointed at someone's head, or as they were getting into a car, whichever was later. At the point she's in the car, she's pretty much dead anyway, just a question of how much torture she would have to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Sure keep practicing all your shots.. from all positions... weak. strong. supported. not. cover. open.

But that isn't the point here... Should you take this shot if Mook's finger is on the trigger of a gun pressed against your daughters temple? Or should you let him leave alive, without her... Could you live with a surviving (albeit lobotomized) daughter, or one who you indirectly led to the demise of...
    That would be each individual's call.
    I would take the shot, if he leaves with my daughter, she may have something worse happen to her beside being shot in the head, but that's me.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    That would be each individual's call.
    I would take the shot, if he leaves with my daughter, she may have something worse happen to her beside being shot in the head, but that's me.
    Oh, I agree... He's not leaving with her... His choice, if he wishes to stay alive, is to let her go.

If he pulls the trigger, he dies.
    If he takes the gun off of her, and points it at me, he dies.
    His ONLY chance to walk out alive is to agree to MY terms.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links