Attackers stapled his lips shut...not a hate crime?

This is a discussion on Attackers stapled his lips shut...not a hate crime? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet Wonder what they would do to someone they liked. Gettin drunk is fun...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Attackers stapled his lips shut...not a hate crime?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Wonder what they would do to someone they liked.
    Gettin drunk is fun

2. Remove Ads

Well thats pretty easy to figure out why it wasnt a hate crime, because the victim wasnt black.

Or Muslim or Mexican or...
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I wonder what they DO consider to be a hate crime?Zachary Tennen told police that while he was at a party in East Lansing, Mich., two men punched him after he told them he was Jewish when they asked.Tennen's mother told the Indianapolis Star newspaper that the two men raised their arms "in a Nazi salute, chanting 'Heil Hitler,'" before attacking Tennen. They then allegedly stapled his lips together, forcing a staple into his gums, according to the report.Tennen told police that the men also said they were part of the Klu Klux Klan, according to Michigan State University's school newspaperThe East Lansing police department said in a statement to ABC News today that they do not believe the assault was a hate crime Jewish Student Says Attackers Stapled His Lips Shut - Yahoo! News
    Almost all violent crimes are hate crimes it should not make a difference who the victim is or isn't. It is rediculous and insulting to thinking people to have a "special" classification called "hate crime". This is no more than one of those "feel good" dumb laws put into place by career politicians trying to justify their existence and get a few more votes. The one listed here is more cruel than anything, maybe we can add a category for this too?
    21bubba likes this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

VIP Member
    The Amish don't catch any slack from the feds on this issue:
    Beard-Cutting Case tests Limits of Hate Crime Law : NPR
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    So I'll just warn you all. Since I'm a black, jewish, gay, guy of mexican descent you better not hurt or kill me because you'll really be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    So I'll just warn you all. Since I'm a black, jewish, gay, guy of mexican descent you better not hurt or kill me because you'll really be in trouble.
    At least your not a Yankee!
    miklcolt45 and 9mmspecial like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    A manslaughter charge becomes upgraded entirely due to motive. Saying that you don't think people's motives should matter when it comes to committing a crime means that manslaughter and murder would become the same crime. All I'm saying is that motive already is a factor when it comes to changing the penalty of an offense; therefore a motive can be an aggravating factor.
    You are incorrect. Manslaughter is generally when there is a lack of intent, it has little or nothing to do with motive. My point (which seems to elude you) is that when someone kills with forethought the reason they decided to do it shouldn't matter in the eyes of the law.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

UH - huh,

Well, I believe crimes should be treated as crimes..... but dont' mind the 'hate crime' aspect if it's applied equally to everyone, but it isn't ... not anywhere. It is only applied to whom they believe is a protected minority... in their eyes.

Let them out of jail...... and advise the Blank Panthers ahead of time that some KKK members are being released at 8:00 ... and what they will be wearing. Problem resolved.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    At least your not a Yankee!
    I resemble that! Or a Redneck. ;)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

There should be no Hate Laws. The only reason for them is to pander to certain groups. I am also against enhanced sentencing for people who kill women, children, police officers or dog catchers. Just so y'all know that I'm fair about it.

Michael
    Brad426, Badey, ccw9mm and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    There should be no Hate Laws. The only reason for them is to pander to certain groups. I am also against enhanced sentencing for people who kill women, children, police officers or dog catchers. Just so y'all know that I'm fair about it.

Michael
    I'm good with all of the above save for children. Killing (or raping, molesting, etc) a child is so especially heinous it belongs in a category all by itself. Even criminals generally agree.
    tropicoz, msgt/ret and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    I'm good with all of the above save for children. Killing (or raping, molesting, etc) a child is so especially heinous it belongs in a category all by itself. Even criminals generally agree.
    And thats how the I want what happened to me or my loved ones to be more important than yours all get started. Whenever I bring this up to others they all want their group to be more protected' be they cops women or a particular race. I have a simple solution for those that feel this way.
    If someone commits a murder you put them to death. No matter who the victim is. Now for the enhanced punishment to make those special groups feel more important. After the murderer is put to death if you feel the he deserves a harsher punishment because of who he killed then you get to drag the his body around behind your car for a day. This way the killer is punished and you get your special extra punishment to make you feel special.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    And thats how the I want what happened to me or my loved ones to be more important than yours all get started. Whenever I bring this up to others they all want their group to be more protected' be they cops women or a particular race. I have a simple solution for those that feel this way.
    If someone commits a murder you put them to death. No matter who the victim is. Now for the enhanced punishment to make those special groups feel more important. After the murderer is put to death if you feel the he deserves a harsher punishment because of who he killed then you get to drag the his body around behind your car for a day. This way the killer is punished and you get your special extra punishment to make you feel special.

Michael
    Not about me or my loved ones. I've always felt murdering children (raping them, molesting them, etc.) was so especially heinous as to merit special treatment in the judicial system. I felt that well before I had children. So in my case it is not a matter of what happend to me or my loved ones being more important than yours. Your solution, albeit not too bad an idea, is not something practicable in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Not about me or my loved ones. I've always felt murdering children (raping them, molesting them, etc.) was so especially heinous as to merit special treatment in the judicial system. I felt that well before I had children. So in my case it is not a matter of what happend to me or my loved ones being more important than yours. Your solution, albeit not too bad an idea, is not something practicable in this country.
    Understand and agree. I was addressing your general argument and not you yourself. I believe you understand where I am coming from. If we actually do believe in equal protection then no person or group should be special. If you would receive the death penalty for the murder of a cop you should also be given the same for the killing of a plumber.

Michael

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links