Attackers stapled his lips shut...not a hate crime?

This is a discussion on Attackers stapled his lips shut...not a hate crime? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I agree wholeheartedly. I wish all instances murder, backed by irrefutable evidence, should result in the death penalty -- executed swiftly and violently....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Attackers stapled his lips shut...not a hate crime?

I agree wholeheartedly. I wish all instances murder, backed by irrefutable evidence, should result in the death penalty -- executed swiftly and violently.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Hate crimes" legislation is just a backdoor way to attempt the criminalization of thought, or to provide an open door for future legislation. My opinion. Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    The Ku Klux Klan are nothing but a bunch of idiots.
    And federal agents. But I repeat myself.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrahtDog View Post
    Well thats pretty easy to figure out why it wasnt a hate crime, because the victim wasnt black.
    You should learn more about hate crime statistics. It would startle you and make you change your comment.

If the Jewish victim was killed, I wonder if Mitt Romney would have given him a post death conversion to Mormonism like the Mormon did for Anne Frank and other holocaust victims?

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I wanted to do that to my wife for years now. I wonder it the was a "swingline" stapler!.....O honey; you got a minute?
    I take it that the wife doesn't come here. Would you like her too? I can see it now.

Some things don't require words.

Just kidding. BUT I will be watching for my hubby's 2 cents, he knows I come here.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

This "hate crime" category is just a "sticky glue pot" of a law. Really, how many crimes are done out of love? It would be easier to have a "love crime" category. A crime is a crime....doesn't it matter why it is done. Not to me. Intent of a crime should be settled in a court of law, not at the booking desk.
    Brad426 and ccw9mm like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    What is a "hate" crime anyway? If you ask me, it's all divisive nonsense meant to lump us all into groups of victims. It really irks me that we even have this completely ignorant term in our vocabulary. There is no reason these thugs should not be put away for life regardless of whether or not they hate Jewish people.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    What is a "hate" crime anyway? If you ask me, it's all divisive nonsense meant to lump us all into groups of victims. It really irks me that we even have this completely ignorant term in our vocabulary. There is no reason these thugs should not be put away for life regardless of whether or not they hate Jewish people.
    A hate crime is a way for politicians to pander to a certain group of people who think that they deserve more protection than everyone else. As I have said before if every criminal was given the death penalty we would still have groups who would want more if they were the victim. It allows them to feel like they are special.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; September 1st, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie
    ccw9mm likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links