Good deal on concealed carry badge/wallet combo

This is a discussion on Good deal on concealed carry badge/wallet combo within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu Wearing a jacket over it still doesn't make it right It's not illegal/wrong, either. It's like buying one of those decommissioned ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Good deal on concealed carry badge/wallet combo

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Wearing a jacket over it still doesn't make it right
    It's not illegal/wrong, either. It's like buying one of those decommissioned hand grenades that says 'complaint department' and has a #1 tag on the pin. Seriously what's the big deal?

2. Remove Ads

Cheaper Than Dirt has them for $20 and since I live right near the store, I bought one last year but I never go out with it. It just sits on top of my NRA Instructor Certification frame for aesthetic purposes. I will never bring that thing out, let alone wear it and I feel that if anyone does, they get what they ask for. Concealed means concealed, period. Advertising it is not a good idea, let alone the ramifications of impersonating an officer. In fact, my buddy got stopped out in East Texas while riding his motorcycle headed out to Georgia by a black cop (he's black himself and a Blue Knight). He was doing 65 in a 60. The cop told him he was impersonating an officer while he was wearing it and a heated argument ensued. Now, my buddy tried to tell me it wasn't his Concealed Carry badge, which I knew he wore ALL the time back then, but the Blue Knight patch on his vest that was in question. Well, he doesn't wear that CC badge anymore but he does wear the Blue Knights vest.

All I have to say is, if you want to wear one of these, then be aware it can cause you trouble. But if you want one just for laughs and keep in in your dwelling, then I'm all for it.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    It's not illegal/wrong, either. It's like buying one of those decommissioned hand grenades that says 'complaint department' and has a #1 tag on the pin. Seriously what's the big deal?
    I am assuming you are kidding about actaully wearing a CC badge. But to answer your question. A joke grenade is one that is obviously a joke and sits on ones desk. A person that wears a CC badge is the joke

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am assuming you are kidding about actaully wearing a CC badge. But to answer your question. A joke grenade is one that is obviously a joke and sits on ones desk. A person that wears a CC badge is the joke
    No, I don't wear the CC badge. I took a picture once long ago right after I bought it to text to a friend at the time. I happen to still have the pic. And no, I still don't get the humor. But, whatever, doesn't matter.

Badge? You're kidding? Right? We don't need no stinking badges.

How about the "Concealed Carry Tatoo"

It's higly visible, permanent and strikes fear into the criminal element each time they see it!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Badge? You're kidding? Right? We don't need no stinking badges.

How about the "Concealed Carry Tatoo"

It's higly visible, permanent and strikes fear into the criminal element each time they see it!
    Oh, I get it now, folks think the badge is to show the bad-guy.

I was thinking it was to show the typical citizen who asks stupid questions like "why do you need a gun" or "are you going to shoot someone", the intent of having a badge being that said moron would see the badge and associate the gun with safety instead of danger.

All of a sudden this thread makes sense. Yeah now that I can kind of see where you folks are coming from, a CCW badge is like the ultimate mall-ninja accessory.

When I posted last week about "Mall ninjas, blading at 45 and other sundry gun hilarity" this is exactly what I was talking about!

BTW CCW badges in South Carolina are verboten and have been since 1997. The then state attorney general (Charlie Condon) issued an opinion on such and it has not be overwritten since then.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePontificator View Post
    BTW CCW badges in South Carolina are verboten and have been since 1997. The then state attorney general (Charlie Condon) issued an opinion on such and it has not be overwritten since then.
    An Attorney General opinion does not carry the force of law. A law has to ban them or a court has to under some other basis (other law or administrative regulation implemented by law that the court upholds or "reads into the law").

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    I understand the concerns over having a badge like that at all...but once you have one...why not put your permit number on it?
    Wrong question, why have one at all. Im mean, Really??????
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by ThePontificator View Post
    Did the law specify Concealed carry badges or all badges. I'd be interested to know how they went about it.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Wrong question, why have one at all. Im mean, Really??????
    Same reason I have a silencer, a 45-90 assorted bayonets and many other items I have. Just wanted em. I never wanted a badge until reading the posts on this thread. Now I want one with the bullet hole in it. Will go nicely with my ivory handled Vaquero 44 mag.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Same reason I have a silencer, a 45-90 assorted bayonets and many other items I have. Just wanted em. I never wanted a badge until reading the posts on this thread. Now I want one with the bullet hole in it. Will go nicely with my ivory handled Vaquero 44 mag.

Michael
    Ill by it for you, as long as you make the video of yourself shooting a hole in it.....As for wanting something, and wanting something to use. The CCW badge is one of the dumbest things I have every seen....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Strong mall ninjas in this thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I think I am going to get one... it might help me get lucky on lady's night at the bar..... yea baby!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links