The Ugly: Woman dies after receiving groin kick from LAPD Officer

This is a discussion on The Ugly: Woman dies after receiving groin kick from LAPD Officer within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woman dies after genital kick from LAPD officer | The Raw Story Woman dies after getting kicked in the groin, not a good week for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Ugly: Woman dies after receiving groin kick from LAPD Officer

Woman dies after genital kick from LAPD officer | The Raw Story

Woman dies after getting kicked in the groin, not a good week for the LAPD. She was placed in a hobble I believe.

Most likely something called "excited delirium", as that's how they usually present. If that's the case, there's nothing the officers did wrong, and nothing that could have prevented the situation aside from not arresting the person (which isn't an option).

It is sad when anyone dies during altercations involving the Police, she has died and that should never have happend. However, in the defense of Police, they are injected into a very tense situation with a woman and kids and from the article "Officers had been attempting to arrest Thomas on suspicion of child endangerment"

Apparently the woman was out of control, maybe cranked up on some kind of drugs, well, who knows what the situation was when the cops came, they don't have a crystal ball to see into the future to determine what action to take.

Who knows what people could or are willing to do to cops when they show up, and that puts their stress level into overdrive.

Case in point, two West Virginia State Troopers were killed by a drunk driver who was handcuffed in front but still armed with a pistol. He also shot a tow truck driver and a County Sheriff Deputy before being shot and killed himself.

This woman could have been exactly like that person who has now killed two WV law enforcement officers. This is why Police react to violent behaviour with violence. The woman should never have resisted officers and their commands. We see this all too many times and usually the outcome is bad.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Lord, not a good week for the LAPD indeed!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Apparently the female officer said she was going to kick the woman in the groin and followed through with it.

The female officer may have also left the kick out I'd the report. I wonder what is LAPD policy on the use of chemical agents and this may change their policy on the use of the hobble.

Well after reading again the kick was not mentioned in the original report.

There not good at all because you now have an ethics issue because they or she omitted the kick and it makes them look bad, very bad.
    mlr1m and nerdyvirgin like this.

The LAPD has done some very questionable stuff. I suppose you have bad apples in every barrel. They just have more apples in the barrel.

Forceful arrests inflame sentiment toward LAPD - Yahoo! News
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

The LAPD, much like any large organization, is going to reflect society with all that is good and bad in society. The challenge is the hoops they have to jump through in order to "clean house" when they discover these bad apples.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    >looks at story and picture> Are they sure that was a woman? I don't have the patience to be a Cop and deal with these whacked-out people with a smile. I would have to have the trunk full of taser reloads.
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

If it would of been a guy it would of probably just caused brain damage
    Regoria75 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I can't imagine that a groin kick to a woman could cause death (I have heard men say they wished they were dead after one).

I would be really interested to see what kind of drugs she had in her system. It seems that would have more to do with her death.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

My only thought is: Don't resist! If you've done nothing wrong you'll be released, inconvenienced but released. You resist, you get smashed. Sorry.

It says she died of suffocation - doubt that was caused by a groin kick; just more sensationalism on the part of the media.
    atctimmy likes this.

that's just nuts

actually mounds, not almond joy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links