Silly story

This is a discussion on Silly story within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Doodle I don't shine people on about my time in the navy although I should because that actually sounds fun! Anyway when ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Silly story

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I don't shine people on about my time in the navy although I should because that actually sounds fun! Anyway when people find out I was a submariner, I always get the same question amoung others...how deep does a submarine go. Well my answer is always that's one of those numbers I can't talk about, but they press the question and ask something rediculous like well can't they go like 30,000 feet down. I just shake my head but I guess most don't understand that you get 44 psi for every 100 feet of depth and the sheer surface area of a submarine can't handle all that much combined pressure so I guess the real number is very underwhelming.
    Many years ago I tended bar. I didn't drink, couldn't stand the smell of the stuff after being around it all for a few weeks. There are two guys at the bar one night. One was in the navy and did the submarine thing. The other is going on and on asking questions. I can see the guy is tried of answering stupid questions. The man asks him if they can go down when they want. I just roll my eyes but burst out laughing when I hear the sailor reply's. He said, You know one time were were suppose to go out on training. Well we just couldn't stand the captain so we made sure we left him behind. We stayed down at the bottom and played cards until he found us. " The guy is going you are kidding how did you get away with that. I am laughing so hard and give the sailor a free drink. He said to me there is always someone who asks the most stupid things.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Many years ago I tended bar. I didn't drink, couldn't stand the smell of the stuff after being around it all for a few weeks. There are two guys at the bar one night. One was in the navy and did the submarine thing. The other is going on and on asking questions. I can see the guy is tried of answering stupid questions. The man asks him if they can go down when they want. I just roll my eyes but burst out laughing when I hear the sailor reply's. He said, You know one time were were suppose to go out on training. Well we just couldn't stand the captain so we made sure we left him behind. We stayed down at the bottom and played cards until he found us. " The guy is going you are kidding how did you get away with that. I am laughing so hard and give the sailor a free drink. He said to me there is always someone who asks the most stupid things.
    Nice...Some people will believe anything.
    msgt/ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Doing air shows with the C-5 and when people would comment how big it was I would just tell them they should see the box it came in.
    atctimmy likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links