Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol - Page 2

Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

This is a discussion on Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 When I was running a lot, I was targeted by carloads of teens looking for a game twice, and motorists trying ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    When I was running a lot, I was targeted by carloads of teens looking for a game twice, and motorists trying to scare me several times. It all ended without incident. Bicycling is a slightly different phenomena. I have had objects tossed at me twice (both misses), and deliberately forced off the road once.
    I have been running since I was 14. Do about 35-60 miles a week. Not once had any problems except idiot drivers which unfortunatley you can't shoot.

Maybe it is just you LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I have been running since I was 14. Do about 35-60 miles a week. Not once had any problems except idiot drivers which unfortunatley you can't shoot.

That's right you are still new here. If they are stupid enough we can shoot them here.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

A long time ago during an Army school in Monmouth NJ, a friend and I would do extra PT runs every morning and on the weekends--he was going to the 75th Regiment HQ and I was going to 1st SFG(A). On 4 or 5 seperate occasions we had drivers intentionally try to run us down.......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member

Sounds like you are about due, so be extra careful.
    Last edited by OD*; September 3rd, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol
    I went for my run last night at 10PM. Was wearing running shorts and shirt with reflective tape, hydration belt, and of course had my earphones in
    Pick up any Skittles on your way?
    Brady likes this.

[QUOTE=Mike1956;2377845]

Maybe it is just you LOL.[/QUOTE
    Sounds like you are about due, so be extra careful.
    I will, thanks. I don't beleive in "you are about due" LOL. That means I should be hitting the lottery soon also. Seriously, I have run in Bogota, Tijuana, La Paz, Mexico City without incident. So Texas is not so bad..........

When you start breaking the law to stop the BG you then become the BG. Infringing upon peoples freedom only leads to you ultimately loosing yours. I swear people need to get a clue about what it is they are doing. It would be smart to train, become knowledgeable of current laws and licensed to carry if you're going to be a neighborhood watch member. Key word is Watch. Leave LE to LEOs.

Stupidity kills...just not near enough.
    JoJoGunn, suntzu, sgb and 4 others like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

The mentality of some Neighbourhood Watch Groups is whacked out. Some of them are wanna be LEO's and since they don't have what it takes to be one, they resort to the alternative of Outside Mall Ninja types.

It is painfully obvious you are out running, hence the "dressed for the occasion" attire. Maybe these two brain surgeons failed to figure that one out and just decided to flex their muscle and insist you "respect their authority." Some day they are going to confront the wrong person and get tapped center mass with a large caliber pistol, even if they do have the magnetic automobile thing prominently displayed.

Unless you became a threat, they needed to stay in place and be a watch group, not one of action.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I will, thanks. I don't beleive in "you are about due" LOL. That means I should be hitting the lottery soon also. Seriously, I have run in Bogota, Tijuana, La Paz, Mexico City without incident. So Texas is not so bad..........
    It's not running in Mexico City you need to worry about...it's driving. Two of the scariest times in my life (and I've had my share) were driving in Mexico City and Rome. I felt safer in combat than in Mexico City in a car.
    Harvester likes this.

Man i run with my rig and im still jumpy from my 3 tours...intersections freak me out so i run in the country. If a van cut me off it would be bad news for them.

This could have been prevented had you been wearing your concealed carry badge.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This could have been prevented had you been wearing your concealed carry badge.

Michael
    It rubs my nipples when I run, left it at home

Awkward silence follows...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Next time run with the wife. I want to hear about, how she sprayed these idiots down.......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

The LEO was mostly cool. He said maybe the next time to just introduce myself to avoid any problems. I replied that maybe they should not stop folks who are out for a run and think they have the authority to detain that person. I said they are lucky that someone doesn't pepper spray or shoot them.
    You're a citizen. You're NOT engaging in unlawful or suspicious activity. You don't have any duty to identify yourself to two unnamed/unknown persons who block your path and demand you "submit" to their rules.

According to the LEO, you mouthing a name would avoid trouble? Far more true, two unnamed/unknown persons who aren't LEO can avoid trouble if they don't seek it via in-your-face contact.

Neighborhood Watch watcher = WATCHER, not reserve or wannabe LEO.

I'm with you: with such aggressive, in-your-face tactics, they're lucky they don't end up sprayed, shot or dead. I'd be steamed, too.

"No brains left." That's about right.
    mcgyver210, sensei2 and Sky Pilot like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links