Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

This is a discussion on Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Id love to see a picture of that van if you can get one sir hahaha...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

Id love to see a picture of that van if you can get one sir hahaha

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I'm glad you have a neighborhood watch program, and it must have been a boring night for the guys in the van to stop an obvious runner.

I agree with what you wrote, and would have been ticked off if my run had been interrupted like that.

You weren't running with a flat-screen TV on your back were you?
    Dang I had the same thought before I read yours LOL
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I'm glad you have a neighborhood watch program, and it must have been a boring night for the guys in the van to stop an obvious runner.

I agree with what you wrote, and would have been ticked off if my run had been interrupted like that.

You weren't running with a flat-screen TV on your back were you?
    Ya know, if I was carrying lap top down the street at 10PM and had my cap on sideways and some yahoo tried to stop me I would do the exact same thing. They can call the cops. Too many folks do not mind their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    It rubs my nipples when I run, left it at home
    I didn't know Victorias secrets sold them.
    On a serious note this is Texas and Yahoos like that are ARMED,gives me the feeling they couldn't pass the tests to be real LEO's so they get on a neighborhood watch feeling like it gives them a feeling of playing LEO's.I would find out who is "In Charge" and let them know they aren't LEO's and have no business confronting anybody unless they happen to see a burglary in progress.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In quite a few different states you are not allowed to detain anybody even if they are on your property, that can be considered holding you against her will and kidnapping, I would have asked them are you holding me against my will, if they say no, just go on your way, but if they say yes I would call 911 immediately, telling them you are being detained held against your will illegally that you want to press charges. It sounds like these two guys want to play police officer, they need to be put in their place before somebody gets hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Jdp751 View Post
    In quite a few different states you are not allowed to detain anybody even if they are on your property, that can be considered holding you against her will and kidnapping, I would have asked them are you holding me against my will, if they say no, just go on your way, but if they say yes I would call 911 immediately, telling them you are being detained held against your will illegally that you want to press charges. It sounds like these two guys want to play police officer, they need to be put in their place before somebody gets hurt
    I never stopped, I ran through the idiots when they stepped in front of me and ran around the van.

You did nothing wrong period but they broke the law & the LEO condoned it & admonished you for not submitting to their illegal acts & harassment.

When are people going to figure out what watch means?
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

I suspect the LEO gets a lot of calls from the "neighborhood Watch" . He was most likely trying to minimize his headaches. The groups do need to know they can't detain you or are you required to answer any questions. Maybe file a complaint with the Dept about the Yahoo's and they may have chat with them

Sent via Mental Power

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Next time run with the wife. I want to hear about, how she sprayed these idiots down.......
    And then about how she got shot for her trouble.

The CCW Sash won't cause that............
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; September 3rd, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Have Laptop, Will Travel

Distinguished Member
    I would definitely have a talk with the chief of police. Neighborhood watch groups are sanctioned by the PD. If their behavior is illegal or just offensive it needs to be corrected. Also the officer whom you spoke with needs a little coaching too, concerning the rights of citizens. Keep us posted on any future developments.
    Sky Pilot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    I would definitely have a talk with the chief of police. Neighborhood watch groups are sanctioned by the PD. If their behavior is illegal or just offensive it needs to be corrected. Also the officer whom you spoke with needs a little coaching too, concerning the rights of citizens. Keep us posted on any future developments.
    We are planning on going to their next meeting. The guys were idiots. But I am not going to report anything to the COP unless I can handle it the lowest level. If they ignor me at their next watch meeting or defend the actions of the patrol then things will be different.

As far as the LEO...he was not as bad as I guess it sounded. He had a report and he repsonded. I had to stop for him. He was just trying to soothe over the feelings of the patrol dudes. He didn't beleive their actions were correct and told them.

As far as the nipple situation...that is under control LOL.

Just tell them it's wonderful they are out there helping Neighborhood Watch, you are out for a run, and thanks... but got to get my running in ... and keep going.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    As far as the nipple situation...that is under control LOL.
    Thank goodness. I was a little worried. : )
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Vathaleene????

Surely this was thoroughly explained during NW training - they just don't get it and need to sit at home watching Cops.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links