Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol - Page 4

Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

This is a discussion on Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I cant say I would hav handled it as well as you did. I applaud your response. But yea, pepper spray would have been mine. ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

I cant say I would hav handled it as well as you did. I applaud your response. But yea, pepper spray would have been mine. As far as the officer, I would have asked him (probably with a mild tone) to cite any laws saying I have to stop my business and answer to a civillian then if Im not under arrest I will be going now. That last part probably wouldnt end well for me.

Neighborhood Watch Badge eh? Does it say CCW on there?
    GunTrooper likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I don't understand these people who run. That's why I carry a gun, so I don't have to!!!
    you_can_run_but_youll_only_die_tired_bumper_sticker-p128502491112990384en7pq_216.jpg
    ericb327 likes this.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve666 View Post
    I don't understand these people who run. That's why I carry a gun, so I don't have to!!!
    you_can_run_but_youll_only_die_tired_bumper_sticker-p128502491112990384en7pq_216.jpg
    This! ^^^^^^^^
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Citizens Arrest - YouTube

But seriously, we just started a NW program and the local LEO liaison officer was very explicit about not stopping someone but just call it in.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Shoulda just told them you were chasing the guy that just broke in and stole your TV. He went that way! It would have kept them busy for a while
    Paymeister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    You should have pressed charges on them if possible.
    It would be appropriate to file a Restraining Order against these petty tyrants.
    Sky Pilot and ericb327 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    It would be appropriate to file a Restraining Order against these petty tyrants.
    Wow, I was just going to go to their next meeting and address the issue, possibly offer my experience in surveillance of the 2 legged kind (do not let them see you and reprt what you see , not terribly difficult). Guess I am just a softy LOL
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Wow, I was just going to go to their next meeting and address the issue, possibly offer my experience in surveillance of the 2 legged kind (do not let them see you and reprt what you see , not terribly difficult). Guess I am just a softy LOL
    LOL Yes you are a Softy but that isn't all bad. It just means you are a good person like my wife who is also a good person that would forgive & forget.

Me on the other hand I just scared the living day lights "legally" out of an employee for a corporation that tried to defraud me out of $15.86. I just have never been one to just say no big deal. I would have prosecuted them as they were really trying to have done to you for not bowing to their demands. I have always lived by Two Wrongs doesn't make a Right.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    You get confronted a a black bear in NH while walking your dog. Then you get accosted by Neighborhood Watch while jogging in Texas. Remind me never to exercise with you.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    There are laws against unlawful detainment and violating one's civil rights. Rather than lawsuits, I think the involved Neighborhood Watch needs to be informed of this, and of the risks actions such as this can bring. I'm all for Neighborhood Watch, just not keen on Neighborhood Nazises.
    darbo likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Actions like this got a guy in Florida charged with murder not so long ago!
    Not quite. The actions in Florida included actually killing somebody. With actions "like this" GZ would be a free man.

Around mile 8 this van pulls in front of me blocking the road. I start to run around it when two guys get out and demand what I am doing there. Evidently they tried to yell at me earlier and I did not hear them. The were the local neighborhood watch according to them. They did have this cheesy magnetic shield that said xxxxxx Neighborhood watch so I knew that they were authentic. I yelled "I am running". One guy tried to block my path ans I ran through him. They then followed me.
    Call 911 - somewhere in there are some charges. You got assault or unlawful detainment. They could have been sexual factors since you were in shorts. They were driving a 'Shag wagon'

Maybe federal charges of kidnapping.

The cop must have had a hard time keeping a straight face.

Should have shot them for messing with your personal run time.

Since this thread is active again here is an update:

Went to the HOA meeting last month. Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum were there. Dee refuseed to acknowledge he did anything wrong and said he would have been in his right if he forcibly detained me. He cited some ridiculus law that did not pertain. Dum said he now understands he was wrong and apologized. Dweedle Dee walked out. The HOA supposedly came to an agreement on their rules of engagement. I told them the only rule they need to have is to call the police unless they see someone being raped or killed, then they can act as a private citizen to do what the heck they want.
    I have no clue what the rules are but I have not been bugged since then.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

There are two things I find unbelievable about this:

1) That people are so gecko45 they think they can pin on a WalMart badge and suddenly become supercops, authorized to arrest and detain, and

2) That after running 8 miles SunTzu was able to coherently exchange discourse with these vermin without passing out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links