Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol - Page 5

Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

This is a discussion on Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu Since this thread is active again here is an update: Went to the HOA meeting last month. Dweedle Dee and Dweedle ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Since this thread is active again here is an update:

Went to the HOA meeting last month. Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Dum were there. Dee refuseed to acknowledge he did anything wrong and said he would have been in his right if he forcibly detained me. He cited some ridiculus law that did not pertain. Dum said he now understands he was wrong and apologized. Dweedle Dee walked out. The HOA supposedly came to an agreement on their rules of engagement. I told them the only rule they need to have is to call the police unless they see someone being raped or killed, then they can act as a private citizen to do what the heck they want.
    I have no clue what the rules are but I have not been bugged since then.
    See? Sometimes the easy solution is the easy solution. Dee, however, may need to be relieved of duty.
    darbo likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Dwindle Dee refuseed to acknowledge he did anything wrong and said he would have been in his right if he forcibly detained me.

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post

Dwindle Dee refuseed to acknowledge he did anything wrong and said he would have been in his right if he forcibly detained me.
    Yesssiree! We gotta nip it in the bud! Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!

This has nothing to do with the aforementioned rubbing caused by wearing a CCW badge...
    ppkheat likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Yesssiree! We gotta nip it in the bud! Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!

This has nothing to do with the aforementioned rubbing caused by wearing a CCW badge...
    You mean,

"Citizen's ar-RAY-est, citizen's ar-RAY-est!"

Of course that was Gomer! Gomer_Pyle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    You mean,

"Citizen's ar-RAY-est, citizen's ar-RAY-est!"

Of course that was Gomer! Gomer_Pyle.jpg
    The same thing popped into my head when I saw the picture of Barney. Sounds like Dweedle Dee is going to get himself hurt one day.
    darbo likes this.

I've missed this thread until now and I haven't read all of the posts, but suntzu, that's just funny. I hear ya about people getting dumber and dumberer and sometimes very annoying. But you gotta admit, the guys with the super duper, extra radical, tricked out, mean machine of a street watching machine made for a comedy show and the two guys running the command center HAS to be a sight to see.

Some people volunteer for things that they are just not made for. Tell your wife to make sure she has her camera ready on her phone for a good vid.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

My daughter and I do quite a bit of Land surveying...mostly in broad daylight with all of the surveying equipment allowed by law. On occasion someone does come up and demand to know what I am doing. No where near there property. I try to be polite and point out that I am surveying property. Whose property?...she demands. My clients property!...I reply. Sometimes I eventually just tell them to go call the cops. I am too busy to bother with you anymore. Needless to say they just walk back into their house with another unfulfilled moment pestering someone for no really good reason.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Observant neighbors is one thing, nosey neighbors is another. Someone threatens to call the cops on me, I offer to do it for them. They generally won't call my bluff (which it isn't).
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Not quite. The actions in Florida included actually killing somebody. With actions "like this" GZ would be a free man.
    The difference is Sun Tsu was armed! The Goofs that tried to detain him were not.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Yeah, I'm with you. Not stopping for anyone other than Law Enforcement.

It's "Neighborhood WATCH", Not "Neighborhood Stop and Detain" .... Thier purpose is to call the police if they see something suspicious (which they did). But I think trying to stop and challenge someone is out of bounds. They have no authority what so ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunTrooper View Post
    It's "Neighborhood WATCH", Not "Neighborhood Stop and Detain" .... Thier purpose is to call the police if they see something suspicious (which they did). But I think trying to stop and challenge someone is out of bounds. They have no authority what so ever!!
    Ah, excuse me? This is from my OP:
    I went for my run last night at 10PM. Was wearing running shorts and shirt with reflective tape, hydration belt, and of course had my earphones in. There is only one description that would be applicable : runner.
    Please tell me how on this green earth that is something suspicous?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Encounter with a rabid Neighborhood Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    When I was running a lot, I was targeted by carloads of teens looking for a game twice, and motorists trying to scare me several times. It all ended without incident. Bicycling is a slightly different phenomena. I have had objects tossed at me twice (both misses), and deliberately forced off the road once.
    I've had similar things happen to me while riding my bike on the edge of the road. Drivers rolling up behind me and then blasting their horns trying to startle me, crowding me off the pavement, and throwing things at me (including firecrackers).
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

I have no need of neighborhood watch in my life, if other people do that's on them. I'd be seething if they tried to stop and interrogate me.

Which did happen once as a kid, and it was undercover cops. Being outside of a CHURCH for SUNDAY SCHOOL waiting for a ride from my MOM was suspicious enough for them to scream at white me in the not white part of town. I genuinely thought they were going to kill me, they didn't identify themselves and screamed at me "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU BUYING DRUGS? HUH?!"

The looks on their faces when a nun came out and looked shocked was priceless. Idiots.

Seems the problems all began when someone issued a Driver's License to...a Mall Ninja. Like my dear ol' Grandpappy used to say, "Anyone who wants to be in charge that badly, should certainly NOT be placed in charge, of even them self".
    ericb327 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links