I Quit

This is a discussion on I Quit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good luck to you, I quit cold turkey in April. Concentrate on getting through the first week. Week two is much easier, and there's a ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: I Quit

Good luck to you, I quit cold turkey in April.

Concentrate on getting through the first week.

Week two is much easier, and there's a sense of accomplishment having a week behind you.

Week three grit your teeth and pump some iron or something, it's harder than week one, urges aren't as often but are much stronger.

After that it's just reminding yourself why you quit, and stick with it as it's all mental at that point.

I'm still wondering where all the 'extra' money is, but my health has already improved. If you have an iPhone or Android phone there are some good applications to help motivate you as well, the one I chose showed where I was at in the process, and had various goals to reach.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on many issues, but we're all here for you and you can do this!

2. Remove Ads

Google Mad Russian Boston MA.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Thanks for all the postings here I greatly need to follow the OPs lead. With all my current problems smoking isn't helping any of it. Hopefully one day I'll be as strong as you are OP and others who have kicked the habit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Good luck to you, I quit cold turkey in April.

Concentrate on getting through the first week.

Week two is much easier, and there's a sense of accomplishment having a week behind you.

Week three grit your teeth and pump some iron or something, it's harder than week one, urges aren't as often but are much stronger.

After that it's just reminding yourself why you quit, and stick with it as it's all mental at that point.

I'm still wondering where all the 'extra' money is, but my health has already improved. If you have an iPhone or Android phone there are some good applications to help motivate you as well, the one I chose showed where I was at in the process, and had various goals to reach.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on many issues, but we're all here for you and you can do this!
    Thanks Thunder, its never personal, please remember that......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Shiphted View Post
    Thanks for all the postings here I greatly need to follow the OPs lead. With all my current problems smoking isn't helping any of it. Hopefully one day I'll be as strong as you are OP and others who have kicked the habit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will promise you, if I can do it, you can do it. PM me if you would like to, and Ill show you what Im doing to kick cigs out of my life....

O' BTW G-man, I wish you all the luck in the world kicking the tin out of your life, I have heard that can be a bugger as well....

Keep all guns unloaded for awhile .... LOL.

I wish you good luck.... I've yet to be able to conquer the beast.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This is the 3rd day and its been a pain in the ass.

@Thunder, It helped to remember why I wanted to quit, thanks for that golden nugget of advise. That helped me through today.

Thanks to everyone else for there words of encouragement. It really helps.....

Praying for you!

I am officially quitting on Monday 9/10. I have a very stressful weekend coming up so I pushed my date back. The hardest thing for me is that I still enjoy smoking, but dislike the side effects....health issues, costs, smelly clothes, being treated like a 2nd class citizen, etc.

I wish you strength and success to see it through!
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by discoboxer View Post
    Praying for you!

I am officially quitting on Monday 9/10. I have a very stressful weekend coming up so I pushed my date back. The hardest thing for me is that I still enjoy smoking, but dislike the side effects....health issues, costs, smelly clothes, being treated like a 2nd class citizen, etc.

I wish you strength and success to see it through!
    I wish the same for you. It seems we have a very good support group here. Let us know your progress.....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    This is the 3rd day and its been a pain in the ass.

@Thunder, It helped to remember why I wanted to quit, thanks for that golden nugget of advise. That helped me through today.

Thanks to everyone else for there words of encouragement. It really helps.....
    The first 72 hours were the most uncomfortable for me. After that, I felt odd for about thirty days, but nothing unmanageable.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

TVJ
    I suggest the e-vapor cigarettes to help with the strong ritual feelings. Quality ones work really well. All the feeling using water vapor. They were very helpful for a friend that quit. In fact essential for his success staying off permanently.

FWIW
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member
    You are a brave soul. It will be a struggle. If you really want to quit, you will quit. Having the wife quit too will make it easier. Try to recognize the "triggers"that caused you light up and sub. something else instead of a smoke. You have made one of the best decisions of your life. I wish you all the strength to beat this killer. Congratulations!

I hear you completely on needing to quit. I traded smoking for smokeless tobacco about 8 years ago. Now I know I need to quit this crap, but I just can't pull together the willpower to quit loading my lip full every minute that doing so is permissible.

You have my best wishes in the process of quitting. I'm sure it will be a challenge but I hope it is one you win!

sent via iCarry

I quit smoking and dipping cold turkey right before my first daughter was born. Took me 6 weeks to be free of it, and it was hell. But I'm very glad that I did.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I smoke 6 cigars a day right now!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links