I Quit

This is a discussion on I Quit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One of the strangle holds in my life has been smoking. I love it. However, with this last fight with pneumonia, I now hate it ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: I Quit

I Quit

One of the strangle holds in my life has been smoking. I love it. However, with this last fight with pneumonia, I now hate it with every fiber of my being. My wife is on board as well, we are stopping today. I sit here with 3 left in my last pack. This is the struggle........

What I look forward to. Not being winded, while training. At least not as winded. Saving the 600 dollars a month it costs for my wife and I to smoke. Last but not least, the health benefits that come along with not smoking. Overall, I am mad about smoking and the grip it has had on me. No more. If I come across a bit edgy, I am sorry, but I will refrain my post if I notice myself being to much of an ass.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

Quitter.

Congrats and stick with it. That's like a Glock a month...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    One of the strangle holds in my life has been smoking. I love it. However, with this last fight with pneumonia, I now hate it with every fiber of my being. My wife is on board as well, we are stopping today. I sit here with 3 left in my last pack. This is the struggle........
    Best of luck as you embark on the righteous path to quit smoking. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and on less than ten occasions have I had a cigar. Good luck and even better health.

JD
    Administrator
    It's hard but it can be done. I went cold turkey about 3 years ago...it's tough and even now I still get that urge to light up.

Just keep true to the idea and your eye on the prize and every other saying you can think of and keep at it till you're done.

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

Good luck man! Now break those last 3 in half and throw em away!

I quit smoking and dipping cold turkey on the same day about 2 years ago and never looked back! I really didn't have much trouble at all. I too just kinda got mad that I was wasting so much money doing something that I pretty much hated. Glad you actually want to quit, more likely to succeed that way. Too many people try to quit because they think they should or whatever but don't really want to and they seem to have trouble. The first week or 2 are the hardest parts but once you make it that far you start forgetting to miss it.

I am on day two. not fun but worth it so far.

best of luck on your efforts to stop.

VIP Member
    Yours is a winning attitude. When I quit, I was down to the last cigarette in the pack, crushed it up and threw it away. My wife quit at the same time, which was nearly eight years ago. She went cold turkey, while I used the patches for eleven days. Neither of us have smoked since.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I am on day two. not fun but worth it so far.

best of luck on your efforts to stop.
    Best of luck to you, too.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Good Luck! Took me awhile (years) to quit dipping but so much worth it.

Me and my wife both quit using the electric cigs . You can quit if you really want to and i know it is hard. Good luck to you both

You have my best wishes on the quitting. You can do it. Me? Doctor told me age 50 will be the cut off point. I guess I'm waiting for that time to turn around and change my ways.

Bear down. With me, it's Copenhagen. Easily the stupidest thing I have ever done. I need to get quit of that crap. Cancer in a can.

Tough to tell the kids how bad it is as you shovel it in. Kinda ruins the credibility as a dad.

Make it happen. Best of luck.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Know whatcha mean... I used to smoke like a chimney in winter time. Then I got pneumonia and took advantage of the inability to smoke and quit smoking for good.... Congrats on your decision and good luck with it. Oh' and hope you feel better soon however, it's gonna take a while to totally get over the infection.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Was a four pack a day non filtered Camel smoker for over twenty-five years. Gave them up nearly ten years ago when my Doctor refused to preform a needed surgery on me unless I promised to quit. It can be done.

EDIT: Have you figured up how much more gun stuff you will be able to buy if you quit? Put the money you were using for smokes into a guns and ammo savings jar.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Quitter.

Congrats and stick with it. That's like a Glock a month...
    Or even a good gun...luck sir,I'm next.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links