Went Prairie Doggin' *Graphic Photos*

This is a discussion on Went Prairie Doggin' *Graphic Photos* within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Got to take the new Zombie Hunter out for an afternoon of prairie dog huntin'. 18 confirmed kills and at least a dozen more probables. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Spidey2011

Thread: Went Prairie Doggin' *Graphic Photos*

Got to take the new Zombie Hunter out for an afternoon of prairie dog huntin'. 18 confirmed kills and at least a dozen more probables. One of my best days yet, and I attribute it to the new rifle and 24x scope. I had a heck of a time getting my buddy to let go of it once I let him take a few shots with it.

The first one of the day. I was surprised at what those little Hornady 55gr soft points did to this thing.
    2012-09-03 12.26.34.jpg
    Me with the new gun and the first kill of the day.
    2012-09-03 12.27.19.jpg
    A not so horribly disfigured one.
    2012-09-03 12.47.11.jpg

Over all a pretty good way to spend Labor Day. Had a load of fun and got to put some rounds through the new gun.
    atctimmy, zacii, Badey and 2 others like this.

I'd say it sure don't pay to be a prairie dog in Montana..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I'd say it sure don't pay to be a prairie dog in Montana..
    At least not at the ranch where I hunt. I got to talk to the owner today too, and these things are doing so much damage. It's unreal how much land they can ruin. He pointed us to a new prairie dog town a little further back than we normally go, and it had to 15-20 acres of nothing but holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    At least not at the ranch where I hunt. I got to talk to the owner today too, and these things are doing so much damage. It's unreal how much land they can ruin. He pointed us to a new prairie dog town a little further back than we normally go, and it had to 15-20 acres of nothing but holes.
    Yeah, I understand they can put a hurt on livestock by drilling pretty good sized holes all over the place and the animals can easily break a leg by stepping into one. It needs to be done for sure... Good shooting.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    At what range were you shooting from? 24 power scope? I bet that would bring in the planets and spacemen. Wish I had one.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    At what range were you shooting from? 24 power scope? I bet that would bring in the planets and spacemen. Wish I had one.
    The typical shots are 300+ yards. Any closer and they get spooked and head for their holes. Most of these critters are about the size of a small cantaloupe, so you've got to have a good scope to even be able to see the little buggers. I've been using the M&P Sport with a 7x scope, but we'd average about 10 solid hits in a trip. That 24x scope made a HUGE difference.

VIP Member
    Cool.
    looks like a bundle of fun!
    I can see where a very alarge power scope would be beneficial, especially at my age.
    Your still a young pup tho!!!
    Glad you had a safe , great time
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sponsored Links