I'm confused

I'm confused

This is a discussion on I'm confused within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/health...ate/index.html With someone who has committed such a violent act, and sentenced to life without parole. Why spend such a large amount on someone who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I'm confused

I'm confused

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/health...ate/index.html

With someone who has committed such a violent act, and sentenced to life without parole. Why spend such a large amount on someone who obviously has no care for anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Maybe while he is under the anesthesiologist will have a problem and be unable to revive him.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

He is too............Confused

Only in MA or CA.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    As I've said in other threads, ...reassignment surgery or otherwise. I personally feel like there is no point in a life sentence without parole. Why waste tax payer money if the individual is going to live out their life detained in correctional facilities? They aren't enjoying in there. The country isn't overly abounding with tax money that we don't know what to do with it. Execute them, and cut the losses. The word "correctional facility" says it all. Correct their behavior for what? This individual will never be legally released back into society.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

There is so much wrong with this. Convicted criminals need no expensive or corrective anything. They need to accept the punishment meted out by the jury and just be resigined to their fate. They caused it and if you don't want to do time, don't do the crime.

The Judge needs to be removed and disbarred. Coddling convicted criminals is not his job, it's being a judge and upholding the law regarding to what this "thing" has done to deserve prison.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

This "thing" tried to emasculate itself twice already. Why not just let it finish the job itself?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

WOW

Nothing really to say about it, just becoming a really difficult world to understand, we need to be more aggressive with our politics, even though we all work and do not have the time as other activists may have, we need to make time and get these judges and politicians out of office. fire them if you will
    Spirit51 and Rock and Glock like this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Unfortunately, it is a Federal judge, lifetime appointment.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    As I've said in other threads, ...reassignment surgery or otherwise. I personally feel like there is no point in a life sentence without parole. Why waste tax payer money if the individual is going to live out their life detained in correctional facilities? They aren't enjoying in there. The country isn't overly abounding with tax money that we don't know what to do with it. Execute them, and cut the losses. The word "correctional facility" says it all. Correct their behavior for what? This individual will never be legally released back into society.
    I swear if I was sentenced to life w/o parole, I'd say, "Oh, no you don't. Kill me, do it quick, and do it right now!" I have an even better idea for scum I really want to see punished. Life in a 4x6 box with one meal per week, water every other day. Would cost waaaay less than a capital defense lawyer and all the appeals, and other than violating the constitution by being "cruel and unusual", it wouldn't seem that way after a few years. And I promise you it would reduce violent crime once it caught on.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    I swear if I was sentenced to life w/o parole, I'd say, "Oh, no you don't. Kill me, do it quick, and do it right now!" .
    I guess you can hope to eventually get out of SC.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    No Comment.

This is just plain dumb!

Eye for an eye justice is a positive thing...
    Except for with rapists.

I like the concept of the guillotine... Rapists get a smaller guillotine.
    zonker1986 and msgt/ret like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Life in prison

I must agree that life in prison w/o parole is a useless exitance. It seems in these days that the criminals have more rights & get more press than the victims & there families. I think punishment should be specific to the crime that was commited & execution should be on the table. I wonder if the criminals should be ablevto choose between life in prison w/o parole or death. If given that choice I think most would choose life. I am from Texas & I'm sure you know that our death row has an express lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiphted View Post
    With someone who has committed such a violent act, and sentenced to life without parole. Why spend such a large amount on someone who obviously has no care for anyone else.
    Makes no sense to me, either. He's essentially getting a full-ride scholarship to crime school, for advanced training ... on our nickel.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links