I've often seen it said...

This is a discussion on I've often seen it said... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ..on this and other forums. "I would rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six." While I agree with that in regards to a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By livewire

Thread: I've often seen it said...

I've often seen it said...

..on this and other forums. "I would rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six."

While I agree with that in regards to a self defence shooting, I came across this story today which, I must admit, took my breath for a moment.

As deliberations reached the 12-hour mark in the Drew Peterson murder trial, jurors came back Thursday with another question, their fifth.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

"What does unanimous mean?"

Would you trust your future to a group of folks who can't figure out the meaning of "unanimous"?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

Here's an idea, let's ALL AGREE on the definition of "unanimous". Sadly, the more juries I watch, the less I want one to determine...my fate.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I can start another thread for this one but think it applies and shows how totally fracking stupid this country is getting:
    Banning Manning’s #18 jerseys in Weld County schools | KDVR.com | Denver Breaking News, Weather & Sports – FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

I think this is the funniest comment:

Do the administrators plan to ban the six numbers from math classes? Seriously, no one owns these numbers anymore than colors. This applies to gangs, too. Quit ceding power to gangs.
    If the OP wants I can start a new thread, did not want to hijack this one. Just agreeing with him by example how dumb this country is getting.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Breaking news: Jury has reached a verdict. It will be announced at 4 PM EST

My guess is innocent...no...I mean guilty
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Seems lately there's a tendency to make an issue out of ANY/EVERYTHING because it's easier, and more politically correct, than to address or even acknowledge the truly PRESSING issues.

"We're concerned about violence in our neighborhood so we're changing the school lunch program" ?!?

Where am I & what happened to where I thought I lived?
    phreddy likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

It's been said that a Jury consists of 12 people not smart enough to get out of Jury Duty...
    niks likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Links