Pa. man says gun threats only harmed 'bad people'

This is a discussion on Pa. man says gun threats only harmed 'bad people' within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; SOMERSET, Pa. — A western Pennsylvania man tried to persuade a judge to give him less prison time for four incidents in which he threatened ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jumpwing

Thread: Pa. man says gun threats only harmed 'bad people'

SOMERSET, Pa. — A western Pennsylvania man tried to persuade a judge to give him less prison time for four incidents in which he threatened people with guns during drug deals by arguing that he was harming only "bad people just like me."
    well that makes everything O.K. then ........

The defendant had argued that his actions weren't justified, but told the judge he wasn't targeting "a workin' man or some law-abiding citizen. These are all bad people, just like me."
    http://www.heraldextra.com/news/weir...a4bcf887a.html

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Cascio explained to Vance-Ivey that "even people with criminal records have rights and have the right to be protected by the law and by the Constitution."
    Huh. That's a unique defense! Never heard that before. Though, I'm sure the judge has heard it a hundred times (or more).

Sure, they definitely do have every right to protect themselves. But it gets tough to persuade someone of the lily-white nature of your actions when using weaponry in an attempt to get away with your felonious behavior. Duh.

Imagine: "But ... but ... I know I was there to rob the man, but then the guy pulled a knife on me. I had every right to defend myself. I didn't wanna hurt him ... wasn't there for that."
    Last edited by ccw9mm; September 7th, 2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: grammar, spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Unique, but still stupid.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I won't lie: I'm tempted by this line of reasoning.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Sponsored Links