Owners Lose Possessions After Home Is Mistakenly Foreclosed

This is a discussion on Owners Lose Possessions After Home Is Mistakenly Foreclosed within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RubenZ Judging by the pics of the house I doubt much was made by the crew LOL When somebody burglarizes your house, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Owners Lose Possessions After Home Is Mistakenly Foreclosed

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Judging by the pics of the house I doubt much was made by the crew LOL
    When somebody burglarizes your house, we will see how you feel about the simple things that may not have a significant dollar value that you love and cant live without. Kids homemade gifts to you? Gone. Lol Mother's urn/remains? They have no dollar value LOL. Grow up.
    Toorop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Some things cannot have a value placed on them.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Barstool, that is interesting. As I understand in Ky, you can use deadly force against someone trying to wrongfully displace you from your home. Not that I would in this case.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

I don't think that's really the point.

I'd find out who's "administrative oversight" that was and make sure they lose their career at the very least.
    Plus, it's pretty scary that the bank has the power there to just do this. Luckily, Florida places a huge value on a person's place of residence, much less their homestead.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    Barstool, that is interesting. As I understand in Ky, you can use deadly force against someone trying to wrongfully displace you from your home. Not that I would in this case.
    if you have a foreclosure and the judge signs off on it you get evicted and it is done by a sheriff or constable but I never heard of a bank taking it on their own without police intervention as you mention it could get ugly. If you choose to use a gun to protect the property you better be sure the law is on your side or you are getting charged

Three million should about cover it, plus firing the guy that ordered the forecloser.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Strange story. Glad I can afford a good attorney if this happened to me.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

You really can't say that. If your judging the house by the front lawn having sand instead of grass you obviously haven't been to southern CA/Arizona where the local areas asked if they would allow the city to remove there grass for free and would receive a discount on there water bill. Alot of homes in those areas complied it does make it look like crap but my cousin lives in surprise, AZ and they did the same thing but landscaped it nicely. There could of been a ton of money in there, a ton of guns, cherished priceless memories gone.

Prejudging can make someone look like a fool. Please don't be a fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiphted View Post
    You really can't say that. If your judging the house by the front lawn having sand instead of grass you obviously haven't been to southern CA/Arizona where the local areas asked if they would allow the city to remove there grass for free and would receive a discount on there water bill. Alot of homes in those areas complied it does make it look like crap but my cousin lives in surprise, AZ and they did the same thing but landscaped it nicely. There could of been a ton of money in there, a ton of guns, cherished priceless memories gone.

Prejudging can make someone look like a fool. Please don't be a fool.

My comment was in response the post that said the crew was counting the cash as they went.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

VIP Member
    My comment was in response the post that said the crew was counting the cash as they went.
    And this somehow makes your comment look less foolish? How, pray tell?

TAKING anyone's property without their consent, and without the legal authority to do so ... is "theft" ... period... and breaking into the house to do it... is "burglary" period.

Also... one heck of a lawsuit, not only for retrieval of any possesions and replacement of possessions, but all the agony and BS that it caused these people.

There is NO excuse for this type of thing. An "oooopss, we messed up.... uh... sorry.....ha, ha, ha... " .... doesn't cut it.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    TAKING anyone's property without their consent, and without the legal authority to do so ... is "theft" ... period... and breaking into the house to do it... is "burglary" period.

Also... one heck of a lawsuit, not only for retrieval of any possesions and replacement of possessions, but all the agony and BS that it caused these people.

There is NO excuse for this type of thing. An "oooopss, we messed up.... uh... sorry.....ha, ha, ha... " .... doesn't cut it.
    I agree. That's one we'll of a mess up. If the guy built it and there wasn't even a mortgage on the home the address shouldn't of even been in the hands of wells Fargo. Unless it was typed wrong.

Priceless valuables cannot be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    "Secured" the house? Is Wells Fargo a branch of the Marine Corps?
    No, it's still standing.

But back on topic, didn't a couple in FL recently foreclose on the bank after they tried this? They took possession of the branch and started moving furniture out while the manager locked himself in his office. I hope they win big. This is ridiculous.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Didn't have a mortgage, and a bank takes their home and possessions. When all's said and done, I'm betting they'll have leveraged their attorney's time to good effect. $100M, with half going to the community and half to the family, for the sheer effrontery of having done it. A few instances of this, and they'll begin to take more care to ensure there isn't a repeat. Without it, I'm sure it'll continue and be swept under the rug.

As for criminality, seems to me that it cannot be lawful for a bank to be doing such a thing without the specific physical involvement and presence of law enforcement ... for reasons of avoiding exactly this sort of thievery.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    It sounds to me as if the house was a vacation retreat.

Still does not justify what happened.
    Folks I know here in MI. who have lost their home to foreclosure, have then secured a rental home for their family, & while still in legal possesion of the original house, and while slowly moving things to the new place, have had crews find out when you aren't there at the old place, and they swoop in, change locks get a roll-off, clear out whatever they don't keep themselves and fill up roll-off and you are screwed.

They allegedly do this because in the past, the occupants who are losing the property are upset, and vandalize the place, so they(the banks) pull this tactic to save themselves the damage.

Banks are evil.
    atctimmy likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links