Beauty the Bald Eagle gets a second chance with a little help from technology

This is a discussion on Beauty the Bald Eagle gets a second chance with a little help from technology within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Crowman
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: Beauty the Bald Eagle gets a second chance with a little help from technology

P5, QKShooter and Spirit51 like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Amazing what they can do with prosthetics now but I do wonder if her beak will eventually re-grow. Reason I wonder is we have a blue and gold macaw that has a cross beak problem that necessitates taking him to the vet every 3 to 4 months to have his beak trimmed as it is constantly growing.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Administrator
    Great. Well worth the watching!
    Thanks for posting it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Seeing things like this made me tear up a bit. For the person who shot Beauty, I hope they got the kicks they wanted by injuring something as noble as the American Bald Eagle, who never, ever harmed the shooter. I'm certain some punishment will come around someday. Not that I'd want it to happen, but I believe we all must answer to our actions.

I saw a wild Bald Eagle for the first time a couple of years ago while driving to a musical engagement. It was floating over the road as I drove underneath and was stunned to see it, white tail and head very visible. The part of West Virginia that I reside is seeing the return of a few of them. Seeing the video of the people restoring Beauty as best they can restores my faith in the human condition.

I have been to the Carolina Raptor Center near Charlotte,NC and have seen injured birds being cared for. We could only hope that people will stop harming these wonderful creatures, and stories like this one will be few and far between.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sponsored Links