Blind man in Beechview uses kitchen pot to ward off attackers

This is a discussion on Blind man in Beechview uses kitchen pot to ward off attackers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Didn't see this when I used the search, Gotta' love the old guys fortitude and thinking to shouting out someone elses name, Blind man in ...

Thread: Blind man in Beechview uses kitchen pot to ward off attackers

VIP Member

Blind man in Beechview uses kitchen pot to ward off attackers

Didn't see this when I used the search,

Gotta' love the old guys fortitude and thinking to shouting out someone elses name,

Blind man in Beechview uses kitchen pot to ward off attackers - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Two men posing as gas company workers robbed a blind, 71-year-old man in his Beechview home early today before the man fought them off with a kitchen pot, Pittsburgh police said.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

I love this line in the article:
    "Robbery detectives urged residents to check the identification of utility workers before allowing them into their homes."

Ummm...so...are utility workers issued IDs with Braille these days?

Senior Moderator
    A kitchen pot. Hmmmm.

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
    I'm glad it worked out for him.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Loooong time ago there was a story out of California. It was in the papers, so I assume (and you know what that means) it was true.

A guy was waiting for a bus and as two cops approached put a set of num-chucks in his pocket. Num-chucks are illegal in California. The cops told him "Give us when you have in your pocket." Well, the man whipped them out and struck at the cops. They, of course, beat the poor guy senseless.

It turned out that the guy was blind and the "num-chucks" were a folding cane. He had been told to strike out at anybody that demanded he turn over his personal belongings under the assumption that said assailant would flee. The cops, not knowing that he was blind, rightfully protected themselves from an attack by a suspect.

Blind man sued. Don't know the outcome.

VIP Member
    Like the old sayings goes= Go with what you got.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I spent a good part of my life growing up in Beechview. That's where I witnessed my first murder.

When I was about 8 years old, I walked to the grocery store with my mother and as we were leaving a guy was gunned down via drive by. Great neighborhood.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Links