If we could carry on a plane...

This is a discussion on If we could carry on a plane... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 911.jpg...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: If we could carry on a plane...

If we could carry on a plane...

US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Good one...

'Cause it's true!!!

Badey and mano3 like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I am all for the Second Amendment, but as frequent flyer I'm not sure I would feel safer with civilians being armed on a plane. Dying because someone shot the window out of the plane is still dying.
    Poseidon, tacman605, Lish and 2 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I am all for the Second Amendment, but as frequent flyer I'm not sure I would feel safer with civilians being armed on a plane. Dying because someone shot the window out of the plane is still dying.
    May not be definitive enough for you Brad426; but here's a worthy bit of info...

Annotated Mythbusters: Episode 10: Explosive Decompression, Frog Giggin', Rear Axle

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

NO guns in planes is one bit of gun control that I do agree with.
    tacman605 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    NO guns in planes is one bit of gun control that I do agree with.
    Including Air Marshals?
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

If people were allowed to carry on aircraft it would be one more place some dumb ass would have a ND,and hearing a bang in the bathroom at 30,000 feet is gonna get everyones attention quick
    rammerjammer and Brad426 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If people were allowed to carry on aircraft it would be one more place some dumb ass would have a ND,and hearing a bang in the bathroom at 30,000 feet is gonna get everyones attention quick
    And "Mile High Club" would have a whole new meaning...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can imagine a "Shootout at the OK Corral" at 35,000 feet. I'd just as soon leave all that to a trained federal agent who will protect the cockpit at all costs. Shooting a window out is the least of my concerns.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I think a plane is no different than anywhere else. Plus, it might make the stewardesses a little less likely to bite people's heads off.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

I am ALWAYS shocked at the outright hypocracy by supposed 2A proponents when faced with the proposal of airplane carry. I notice that all of a sudden these "die hard gun nuts" think that a lawfully armed citizen suddenly transforms into some wild west outlaw simply because he steps foot on a plane. Surprisingly the same tired rhetoric the left uses to restrict lawful carry (in whatever place and for whatever reason) spew so easily from the mouths (and keyboards) of my fellow armed brothers.

When will we realize that "shall not be infringed" is more than just a cute quote and it actually means what it says. When will we REALLY stand up and fight for TRUE FREEDOM not just fight for the laws we like.

Quote Originally Posted by BWBracelets View Post
    I am ALWAYS shocked at the outright hypocracy by supposed 2A proponents when faced with the proposal of airplane carry. I notice that all of a sudden these "die hard gun nuts" think that a lawfully armed citizen suddenly transforms into some wild west outlaw simply because he steps foot on a plane. Surprisingly the same tired rhetoric the left uses to restrict lawful carry (in whatever place and for whatever reason) spew so easily from the mouths (and keyboards) of my fellow armed brothers.

When will we realize that "shall not be infringed" is more than just a cute quote and it actually means what it says. When will we REALLY stand up and fight for TRUE FREEDOM not just fight for the laws we like.
    I'm just afraid there will NYPD officers armed on the plane is all. That was inspiring, though. I could see the amber waves of grain...
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Airplanes shot full of holes land safely all the time. Just ask any military pilot.

Jim
    BkCo1, RMS, thephanatik and 2 others like this.

I've traveled with a stout walking cane on every flight since the 9/11 attacks. I look at it this way - Islamic extremist with a box cutter vs. a Kentucky redneck with a BIG OAK STICK. Who are you gonna' bet on?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

The biggest benefit would be getting rid of TSA

Archie Bunker FTW
    mano3 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links