Definition of hypocrisy or irony?

This is a discussion on Definition of hypocrisy or irony? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The NFLPA is happy the suspensions were lifted on the players accused of the bounty scandal where players got paid to HURT other players: DeMaurice ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Definition of hypocrisy or irony?

Definition of hypocrisy or irony?

The NFLPA is happy the suspensions were lifted on the players accused of the bounty scandal where players got paid to HURT other players:

DeMaurice Smith pleased with bounty ruling - NFL - SI.com

But: They also want the temporary refs fired and have the regular refs hired back because they are concerned about player safety... hmmmmmm

How is this gun related? I was cleaning my .308 while writing this and watching the Ravens.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The NFLPA is happy the suspensions were lifted on the players accused of the bounty scandal where players got paid to HURT other players:

But: They also want the temporary refs fired and have the regular refs hired back because they are concerned about player safety... hmmmmmm

How is this gun related? I was cleaning my .308 while writing this and watching the Ravens.
    Was there a shotgun formation at least?
    Ionracas likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Was there a shotgun formation at least?
    Actually I think there was..they are reviewing a touch down
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    What is a NFLPA and how could it be important????
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    What is a NFLPA and how could it be important????
    NFL players association; and just as important or relevant as some other threads in Off topic and Humor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

I can't have firearms anywhere in the room when watching my team, the Cleveland Browns. I also pull for the Ravens, given their history. Things would have been much better if Art had been allowed to take the colors and the name to Baltimore with him.
    suntzu likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The player's association looks out for the players. They want players on the field. They also want fair games, and the regular refs are better.

This is all Roger Goodell's fault. That guy is the absolute definition of hypocrisy, and is one of the most detestable public figures I am aware of.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Union man LOL.......j/k I don't want to go down that road

I'm indifferent about unions, but I strongly dislike Goodell. He makes up rules as he sees fit, and loves to take money of out player's pockets.

Who cares about the bounty? I never listened to that Saints locker room speech, and I heard it was dumb, but he was probably just trying to get his team fired up. I don't think most players would intentionally try to hurt somebody by taking out knees, but maybe they give an extra 0.5% to try to get to that quarterback and make a big play because of the extra cash or just sheer motivation to impress their team mates.

My opinion is these guys get payed very well. There is risk involved. I could care less about bounty's or head injuries. I wouldn't allow bounties in my locker room if I was a head coach, however.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    You mean watching the Bengals!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Links