Brad Pitt Gives Angelina a Gun Range as a Wedding Present

This is a discussion on Brad Pitt Gives Angelina a Gun Range as a Wedding Present within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Sun is reporting that Brad Pitt has taken trust in marriage to new level. He’s given his wife, who is already rumored to be ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Brad Pitt Gives Angelina a Gun Range as a Wedding Present

VIP Member

The Sun is reporting that Brad Pitt has taken trust in marriage to new level. He’s given his wife, who is already rumored to be a pretty great shot, a $400,000 shooting range.

While the stereotypical frying pan was enough to keep fictional husbands in line for years, there is something about giving more training to a woman who has some experience doing this (potential spoiler and bad-guys-getting-shot alert):

That will probably help keep Pitt better behaved than most.

While Jolie has enjoyed shooting for longer than she has known Pitt, they both received extensive training for Mr. and Mrs. Smith (a film about two spies who unwittingly marry each other and then end up trying to shoot each other…a lot). While preparing for the film, both Pitt and Jolie got to get some serious training with some great weapons and developed a passion for the hobby and each other – making Pitt’s gift perfectly suited for the occasion.

Kudos to Pitt for acknowledging that girls can enjoy a day on the range as much as anyone.

CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Wow! Who knew? Brad Pitt is very pro-gun.

Brad Pitt is Pro Gun Rights, Keeps Weapons in House

Apparently that shooting range is for a home they own in France. I am thinking France is a very gun unfriendly country, so how did they pull that off? But then again, so is California. LOL.

400 grand? That's like me giving my wife a box of candy. Big deal.

SoleShtr, European countries as a rule make a big distinction between handguns and long guns for sporting use. You can't say "gun unfriendly" without specifying.

Gee, with Brad & Angelina as spokes persons, how can we possibly lose? Okay seriously, it's a pleasant surprise that any Hollywood types short of Tom Selleck or Joe Mantegna know a butt stock from...Woodstock. I'm delighted with the news.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    400 grand? That's like me giving my wife a box of candy. Big deal.

SoleShtr, European countries as a rule make a big distinction between handguns and long guns for sporting use. You can't say "gun unfriendly" without specifying.
    Not clear on your thinking here. Are you implying that if a country only bans half of the firearms they could still be considered gun friendly?

Michael

I'll bet that is no ordinary shooting range either; possibly in the back 40 somewhere on their property. $400,000 can buy a lot of toys to shoot at

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    $400,000 can buy a lot of toys to shoot at
    Oh that's just economies of scale. $400K is cheaper than the boat but more expensive than the...caterer.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Not clear on your thinking here. Are you implying that if a country only bans half of the firearms they could still be considered gun friendly?

Michael
    Maybe you were thrown by my use of the term "you can't". Of course you can. I just meant "I don't" because if I say "England is gun unfriendly" I leave the door open for somebody to say, "Oh yeah? My cousin lived there for years and shot skeet everyday. The whole town did." And besides, unlike many people who post here, I don't see things in black or white, as in it's either hot or cold, tall or short, gun-friendly or not gun-friendly, etc. With this big ol' brain of mine I'm actually able to think things through for myself and form my own opinions, which invariably fall into the gray zone. You're 100% free to have any opinion you want.

Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    Maybe you were thrown by my use of the term "you can't". Of course you can. I just meant "I don't" because if I say "England is gun unfriendly" I leave the door open for somebody to say, "Oh yeah? My cousin lived there for years and shot skeet everyday. The whole town did." And besides, unlike many people who post here, I don't see things in black or white, as in it's either hot or cold, tall or short, gun-friendly or not gun-friendly, etc. With this big ol' brain of mine I'm actually able to think things through for myself and form my own opinions, which invariably fall into the gray zone. You're 100% free to have any opinion you want.
    Thats what makes this forum interesting.

Michael

Links