man builds dooms day bunker with stolen trailers

This is a discussion on man builds dooms day bunker with stolen trailers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; . . A conspiracy theorist ‘preparing for the worst’ stole a truck and trailer to build a doomsday bunker in his garden. Police tracked down ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: man builds dooms day bunker with stolen trailers

man builds dooms day bunker with stolen trailers

A conspiracy theorist ‘preparing for the worst’ stole a truck and trailer to build a doomsday bunker in his garden.
    Police tracked down a stolen food truck to the back garden of a house in a suburban street in Kissimmee near Eola Circle.
    But when they went to move it they discovered another stolen trailer buried in the ground that was being transformed into an underground survival bunker.
    get out the tin foil hats

Man stole trailers to build doomsday bunker in his garden | Mail Online

2. Remove Ads

The best part is that his "bunker" would not have been sufficient.

Administrator
    Now they are going to give him a nice, cozy, all Steel above ground bunker to stay in for awhile.

"The best part is that his "bunker" would not have been sufficient."

That would depend on how deep it was buried and what specifically was layered on top of it.
    Eagleks likes this.

Yep that was all over the news yesterday. Beside the trailers being stolen the problem is burying one here in Fl. There is a good reason most houses don't have basements here....about 3 feet down is water! Of course, for you nit-pickers, that is not 100% all the time.
    BrotherFrank likes this.

Administrator
    Underground swimming pool. Doomsday prep for dolphins.

There was this one show on TV where this company constructs underground bunker/shelters of welded up steel.
    They are huge with furniture, carpeting, flush-able toilets, kitchens, bedrooms, food storage areas, blastproof doors, filtered air intake etc etc and they cannot build them fast enough to meet the demand. They are incredibly expensive and look just like an above ground NICE home.

I guess if folks have the $$$ they can spend it however they like but, my wallet sure couldn't purchase one.
    darbo likes this.

VIP Member
    What a fool, every well educated doomsday prepper knows you need a bunker with 6 foot thick reinforced concrete walls buried a minimum of 20 feet deep. A utility trailer or two will never work.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

What always gets me is that if you have to construct such a home (to me prison), what kind of "life" would one have to make it worth living. What kind of future would that secure for my children? In other words, is the price to live too high in the envisioned doomsday scenario?

yup.. i was wondering about that and the water table.. LOL us transplants miss our basements.. its like we only have half a house..

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Yep that was all over the news yesterday. Beside the trailers being stolen the problem is burying one here in Fl. There is a good reason most houses don't have basements here....about 3 feet down is water! Of course, for you nit-pickers, that is not 100% all the time.

but, one could hide their arsenal there..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Underground swimming pool. Doomsday prep for dolphins.

There was this one show on TV where this company constructs underground bunker/shelters of welded up steel.
    They are huge with furniture, carpeting, flush-able toilets, kitchens, bedrooms, food storage areas, blastproof doors, filtered air intake etc etc and they cannot build them fast enough to meet the demand. They are incredibly expensive and look just like an above ground NICE home.

I guess if folks have the $$$ they can spend it however they like but, my wallet sure couldn't purchase one.
    I seen something similar to that in either Time or National Geographic magazine. Quite a few NFL players have purchased rooms there.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Here are a couple of vintage shelters Florida Bozo reminded me of:

Ultimate Hideaway!

Part of the plausibility conundrum inherent in describing Kenley's masterpiece is the sheer scale of the project. When most people think of a bomb shelter, they envision grainy black and white U.S. government videos of nonplussed nuclear families scurrying into a basement room the size of Amelda Marcos' walk-in shoe closet. Kenley's 2,000 square foot, four storey subterranean hangout is replete with concrete walls and floors that are one metre thick, secret passages, 13 ventilation systems, an "electromagnetic, pulse wave protected" computer room, 1,000 gallon water tank, radiation proof paint, spacious living and storage areas and two "secret" rooms—simply too big to fit the construct of the average Jane and Joe's mind without a little visual help.
    Christianity.ca - Blast from the Past

What ever happend to "Duck & Cover?" That should be sufficient, right?

But he might be on to something. The theft of a trailer used to build shelter will go virtually unoticed in the comming apocalypse.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Actually I wouldn't mind having a couple of good underground storage boxes like the sea train type. I'd probably spend my whole summer in one. It gets hot out here.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

all I can think of is someone yelling “ a hurricane is coming every one head to the bunker” and the area floods while your down there

up date

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links