Walked outside deer standing 15 feet from me - Page 3

Walked outside deer standing 15 feet from me

This is a discussion on Walked outside deer standing 15 feet from me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Deer season is when all of the deer show up on our place..... they aren't stupid. Place is covered in deer. One is a 15 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Walked outside deer standing 15 feet from me

Deer season is when all of the deer show up on our place..... they aren't stupid. Place is covered in deer. One is a 15 pt buck that I can walk up to within 10-15 feet of him with no problem. I can tell when it's the end of deer season, as then they leave.

320 acres with lots of trees, a branch, creek, and gullies for them to hide in.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I had a basket 7 ptr about 17 yrds away from me Tuesday evening. He's in the cooler now. MMM,MMMM venison sausage here we come.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Reminds me of a couple months back... Stepped outside in the middle of the night to check that my truck was locked and walked into a pack of 3 coyotes about to eat a neighborhood cat.

They ran off within 30 seconds or so, but sadly the cat didn't learn. She wasn't so lucky a couple weeks later.

Distinguished Member
    My wife and I were sitting out by my barn last year, about this time. The building sits in a little 2-3 acre patch of woods. Along comes a little spike buck, comes within 25 yards. The smallest of my two cats, she's about 6 pounds, took off on the heels of the buck. They ran a few circles in the woods and he finally took off. I laughed my self silly. 30 minutes later, here he comes again. Process repeated. And a bit later, he came back yet again. This last time, in the middle of the chase, the buck stopped, turned around and put his head down to have a look at his attacker eye to eye. I guess he decided that that was one mean little cat and off he went again with a 6 pound jaguar on his heels. Where's a video camera when you finally need one?
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

i had deer who would come and drink the water from my pond. it was nice having him around til he got hit by a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Reminds me of a couple months back... Stepped outside in the middle of the night to check that my truck was locked and walked into a pack of 3 coyotes about to eat a neighborhood cat.

They ran off within 30 seconds or so, but sadly the cat didn't learn. She wasn't so lucky a couple weeks later.
    we got some of those around here. sometimes you can hear them fighting with the foxes in the cornfields.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links