Walked outside deer standing 15 feet from me

This is a discussion on Walked outside deer standing 15 feet from me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; About 10 minutes ago, My dog was barking so hard he was bouncing up in the air so i looked towards the direction he was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Walked outside deer standing 15 feet from me

About 10 minutes ago, My dog was barking so hard he was bouncing up in the air so i looked towards the direction he was barking in....saw a whitetail walking slowly into the trees. I went outside and followed slowly, made no noise. I stopped in the thicket behind the house and stared eye to eye with a doe who couldnt have been more than 15 feet from me. We looked at each other for a good 3 minutes before i turned to leave. Shes got a black mark shaped like a crescent just above her shoulder that should be visible from both sides. I think if i see her during season, ill let her go. Always loved the crescent moon.
    JerryMac likes this.

I came out of my house and there was a small buck standing between me and my car one morning. Talk about an eye opener.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I do love those moments...... but why can't they happen during deer season when I have my deer gun on hand???
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I do love those moments...... but why can't they happen during deer season when I have my deer gun on hand???
    Lol i know right?
    goldshellback likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Deer season is when I see all the wild turkeys that are out of season.
    JerryMac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Deer season is when I see all the wild turkeys that are out of season.
    deer season is when the one jerk pheasant decides to follow me around and announce my presence to the whole forest.

as you get older the need to "steal life" becomes less and less and the "respect for life" becomes more and more

VIP Member
    The deer are like Zombies right now. Everywhere and moving slowly. I had one jump out in front of me as I was walking my dog. Wait till the rutt starts. Large bucks will be running around doing their thing.
    The day I place my tree stand up it all stops and there will be no deer anywhere. Just my luck.

Ever notice how once deer season begins the deer all stand right at the city limits and hang out there all day?

JD
    Administrator
    I had a similar experience with a squirrel once....

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    deer season is when the one jerk pheasant decides to follow me around and announce my presence to the whole forest.
    It's those danged squirrls that let the herd know I'm rooting around............
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    ... I stopped in the thicket behind the house and stared eye to eye with a doe who couldnt have been more than 15 feet from me. We looked at each other for a good 3 minutes before i turned to leave...
    Did she foot-stomp or snort after she saw you?

Have an average of 15 deer... does, fawns and bucks in and out of my pear and apple trees in the yard all day and night.........our dog pays no attention to them and they to him.....he actually is out in the yard playing with his ball while the deer ar no more than 20 feet between them....neither one cares much and he will not chase them. I actually have a doe in the yard we nick named LuLu...I almost had her eating out of my hand over my deck railing.....instead I bought an italian bread at the market and held one end while she ate from the other......Nice.
    JerryMac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    Did she foot-stomp or snort after she saw you?
    nope. We just looked at each other. It was like a staring contest.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Have an average of 15 deer... does, fawns and bucks in and out of my pear and apple trees in the yard all day and night.........our dog pays no attention to them and they to him.....he actually is out in the yard playing with his ball while the deer ar no more than 20 feet between them....neither one cares much and he will not chase them. I actually have a doe in the yard we nick named LuLu...I almost had her eating out of my hand over my deck railing.....instead I bought an italian bread at the market and held one end while she ate from the other......Nice.
    You really shouldnt do that. E minnesota dnr made a big stink by having a deer shot because people did that. Even had collars on them. The cop did it early in the morning. Ended up with everyone being unhappy and the deer being dead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links