.22 LR for Zombie Killing

This is a discussion on .22 LR for Zombie Killing within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What is everyones take on the .22LR for Zombie killing? The Stereotypical Zombie can only be killed by trauma to the head and most stereotypical ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: .22 LR for Zombie Killing

What is everyones take on the .22LR for Zombie killing? The Stereotypical Zombie can only be killed by trauma to the head and most stereotypical zombies are in some sort of a decayed state. Would the .22LR round be a good option for Zombie defense? Its very cheap and accurate with the right rifle.

This is just for fun and if its already posted elsewhere or if this is in the wrong place I am sorry!
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

2. Remove Ads

Just took a class with a former Navy SEAL. During one of the breaks he was looking at .22LR rifles. He picked one up and said this was his perfect Zombie rifle. It had a bull barrel and a 3x9 scope. I asked why and he said it was easy to use, deadly, easy to get ammo and easy to adapt for a homemade suppressor.

That's good enough for me.
    JerryMac likes this.

VIP Member
    I want a Daisy Red Rider BB gun for Zombies......you can put an eye out with one of those things!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If it can penetrate a decaying skull, yuuup!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    If it can penetrate a decaying skull, yuuup!
    What we need is for some ammo maker to come out with hardball ammo for 22 rim fires. Something that would reliably penetrate the skull bone.

Michael

Semi auto .22 rifle with more than 10 round capacity. Im looking for a good 3-9x40 scope for my model 60.

My backyard is all barbed wire fencing then cow pastures. I live on a dead end street. I would just sit up on the roof with a few boxes of federal 550 bulk packs. Head shots all day.
    nerdyvirgin and archer51 like this.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

So, you all are saying my ruger.22 mark II isn't going to cut it I need a .22 rifle. HEY HONEYYYYYYYYYY lol
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

One can Kill a zombie with Nerf gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClutchSR9C View Post
    What is everyones take on the .22LR for Zombie killing? The Stereotypical Zombie can only be killed by trauma to the head and most stereotypical zombies are in some sort of a decayed state. Would the .22LR round be a good option for Zombie defense? Its very cheap and accurate with the right rifle.

This is just for fun and if its already posted elsewhere or if this is in the wrong place I am sorry!
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    What we need is for some ammo maker to come out with hardball ammo for 22 rim fires. Something that would reliably penetrate the skull bone.

Michael
    That would be perfect.
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    So, you all are saying my ruger.22 mark II isn't going to cut it I need a .22 rifle. HEY HONEYYYYYYYYYY lol
    Good one...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Well you would get greater accuracy and velocity out of a rifle.
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

VIP Member
    I have long said that an integrally suppressed .22 with good, large capacity magazines would be the ultimate zombie killer. A 10/22 would be hard to beat in this capacity, though there are others that would do equally well.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

The .22 LR most definitely has its place in the zombie repellent kit.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Might want to go for 2 while your at it, after all, you'll need to watch each others backs!
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I used to drop ground squirrels at 100 yards with .22 shorts when I lived in WA state. Zombies would be no problem.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links