Attn New Yorkers: high cap cups and bottles banned.

This is a discussion on Attn New Yorkers: high cap cups and bottles banned. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by msgt/ret Mayor nannyberg continues the fight to protect us from ourselves. No more will restaurants, theaters and eateries be allowed to tempt ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Attn New Yorkers: high cap cups and bottles banned.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Mayor nannyberg continues the fight to protect us from ourselves. No more will restaurants, theaters and eateries be allowed to tempt people with those lethal drinks larger than 16 ounces.

EarthLink - U.S. News
    LOL! This is the point where the government will regulate you.......down to the point of what you eat and drink? One of these days.....we'll wise up and tell them where to jump, and when to jump off the cliff. Get real on this folks......who has the right to tell you what to do and how to do it? Let this be a learning lesson, and let there be no further intrusion into our personal lives. I'm on the verge of going ballistic myself........why do you think?

Just listen to those replies to come. This is how we allow such things to happen in this country and why nobody is concerned with becoming a slave.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; September 14th, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Lol, hi cap cups
    No more Bloomers.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Im guessing this is good news for places that dont offer free refills. Just means more drinks to add on the tab.

Trying to look at things from a positive angle here lol
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Good grief, If he wants impose bans and rules as such. I wonder what rules he has for his own family?

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Good grief, If he wants impose bans and rules as such. I wonder what rules he has for his own family?
    I read somewhere that his daughter Georgina thinks hes an idiot. I may have taken it out of context though.
    sid1 likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

This is kind of a political discussion, and I thought we stay away from politics on this forum. After all, if you make statements like:

Government shouldn't regulate how I eat or drink.

Then why not:

Government shouldn't regulate what women do with their bodies, including abortion.
    Government shouldn't regulate whether two consensual adults, no matter what combination of gender, may or may not be married.

And soon this forum would be in hot waters...

Quote Originally Posted by mb1900 View Post
    This is kind of a political discussion, and I thought we stay away from politics on this forum. After all, if you make statements like:

Then why not:

Government shouldn't regulate what women do with their bodies, including abortion.
    Government shouldn't regulate whether two consensual adults, no matter what combination of gender, may or may not be married.

And soon this forum would be in hot waters...
    Until your post, the thread was NOT political - there were no party sides chosen, the comments were strictly about reaction to what the sitting mayor of NYC had sponsored and enacted into law. Let's keep it that way, and leave the hot-button issues about abortion and sexual preferences out of the thread.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Until your post, the thread was NOT political - there were no party sides chosen, the comments were strictly about reaction to what the sitting mayor of NYC had sponsored and enacted into law. Let's keep it that way, and leave the hot-button issues about abortion and sexual preferences out of the thread.
    Regulating the volume of soft drinks may not be a "hot button" issue to the degree that abortion is, but it is a political issue. Why was there all this controversy? Why was it made into law? You don't have to choose a party side to make a political comment, and I wonder how comments about the latest legislating of a politician would not qualify as political.

Looking back at this thread, people have expressed:

-- libertarian and conservative politics
    -- comments about public healthcare
    -- prejudice against major urban centers

The thread was already political to begin with. I just pointed it out. If the moderators are going to exclude politics for the sake of fairness, they have to exclude all politics from this forum. They can't just exclude liberal politics and permit some degree of other opinions.

VIP Member
    It was not posted to be political but to show how one super rich individual thinks he knows so much better how we should live and is using his money and influence to exert control over others lives.
    ericmt likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by mb1900 View Post

Then why not:

Gee I don't know, maybe because there's a difference between a soda pop and the murder of an unborn child???

Bloomberg and his ilk are truly sick. Regulating how much soda one can put in his or her body, yet when it comes to ripping out a fetus from a woman's womb then that is perfectly okay. They are telling us we are able to make the choice of destroying an unborn baby, but we are not capable of deciding how much soda to put in our cup??? They are in effect putting the value and significance of a Pepsi above that of an unborn child.

What a disgusting, sick, and twisted society we are turning in to.

Whoops..... Mayor Bloomberg failed to ban free refills on his 16 oz ban....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I think this thread has officially derailed
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Gotta agree certain topics were never mentioned to start with.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may, at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S.Lewis

"The harm done by ordinary criminals, murderers, gangsters and thieves is negligible in comparison with the agony inflicted upon human beings by the professional do-gooders, who attempt to set themselves up as gods on earth and who would ruthlessly force their views on all others - with the abiding assurance that the end justifies the means," Henry Weaver

"Man must have the right of choice, even to choose wrong, if he shall ever learn to choose right." Josiah Wedgewood

"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience." Albert Camus

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." H L Mencken

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." Daniel Webster
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Gotta agree certain topics were never mentioned to start with.

Hm. Strange, but the first two words in the thread were "Mayor nannyberg" and it was posted in the Humor section. The lunacy of living under petty tyranny seems to be the topic. In that sense, this has been one of the most on-track threads I've seen for a long time. His Tyrannical Excellency and his petty overstepping was the topic ... wasn't it?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links