man Accused Of Pointing Gun At Pregnant Smoker

This is a discussion on man Accused Of Pointing Gun At Pregnant Smoker within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Justin Dain Palmer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Pregnant Smoker Bellingham police spokesman Mark Young says 24-year-old Justin Dain Palmer reportedly stopped his pickup truck ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: man Accused Of Pointing Gun At Pregnant Smoker

man Accused Of Pointing Gun At Pregnant Smoker

Justin Dain Palmer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Pregnant Smoker

Bellingham police spokesman Mark Young says 24-year-old Justin Dain Palmer reportedly stopped his pickup truck Wednesday to shout at a smoker on a sidewalk, "Who the heck smokes when they're pregnant?" The woman replied, "I do."
    glad she wasn't drinking; he would have really went off

Justin Dain Palmer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Pregnant Smoker

2. Remove Ads

Before I quit smoking ten years ago I had a number of encounters where very young children would scold me for smoking while their parents just smiled approvingly. Seems some of these children have continued the practice they were taught in their early years.

Michael

I think that pulling the gun out was over the top, but I think any female who smokes while she's pregnant deserves whatever verbal assault she gets. Selfish.

If as reported, if he essentially threatened murder of another because he disapproved of a non-criminal activity, he should be given every opportunity to reflect upon his choices.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    I do believe we had two people making stupid choices.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Perhaps he viewed her second-hand smoke as "an iminent threat of serious bodily harm" to himself?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

People need to start minding there own business. I hope they throw the book at Palmer, what a douche....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I agree with his concern, but pointing a gun is not the answer. I'd be ok with it if he was bothered enough to stop and talk to the woman. People are selfish, but you don't return selfishness with stupidity.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Well, that story certainly had two morons involved in it. I sure feel sorry for the unborn child more than anything. I would support him being upset at the fact the loser was smoking while pregnant, but to take it to a level of threating is just idiotic on his part... The world has no shortage of stupid folks...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine181 View Post
    I think that pulling the gun out was over the top, but I think any ******* who smokes while she's pregnant deserves whatever verbal assault she gets. Selfish.
    Does this include yelling at strangers who give their children soda pop and cheetos? The overweight folks eating a cheeseburger and fries with their kids? Members of the Outlaws motorcycle club smoking in front of their kids? Some might say that anyone who would start a verbal altercation with a total strange deserves whatever they got.

Michael
    revldm likes this.

VIP Member
    This reminds me of the people who kill abortion doctors because murder is wrong! If you want to mouth off, be prepared for people to mouth off right back. And if you are going to mouth off, leave the guns at home.

We don't have all the facts and she could have just said he pointed a gun at her, but meanwhile, he's arrested and she's not. Smoking, while it may be a really bad idea if you're pregnant, is still legal. Pointing a gun at someone who's only offense is smoking is bad news!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

He would have shot my crazy neighbor's daughter. She smoked on purpose while pregnant, "So the baby wouldn't be too big."
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    Police stopped Palmer a short time later. Young says Palmer acknowledged confronting the woman but denied pulling a gun. Police say they found two semiautomatic .45-caliber handguns in his pickup's center console.
    Hmmmmm.....I wonder how she knew he had a gun in his truck?

While what she was doing may not be the smartest thing. He should have followed the golden rule of MYODB.
    babarock likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Personally I think there are a whole slew of American females that should spend a whole lot more time smoking cigarettes and a whole lot less time having babies...and we would all be better off for it.

But, I agree that females should not smoke while pregnant.
    BurgerBoy, Spirit51 and Bark'n like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Does this include yelling at strangers who give their children soda pop and cheetos? The overweight folks eating a cheeseburger and fries with their kids? Members of the Outlaws motorcycle club smoking in front of their kids? Some might say that anyone who would start a verbal altercation with a total strange deserves whatever they got.

Michael
    I think there's a big difference between giving your kids cheetos and smoking cigarettes when you're sharing the same body as your UNBORN, STILL DEVELOPING baby. You're right, somebody who starts a verbal altercation with a total stranger deserves whatever they get (non-physically, of course), just make sure that if you decide to say something to somebody, you're prepared to receive some verbal backlash back at ya.

I don't think I'd say anything to a pregnant lady that I see smoking. The way I see it is, she's probably too stupid to change her mind anyways, it's not like she doesn't know what she's doing. It's really really really unfair for the poor kid though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links