he needed to "change" his life-robbing parking meters

This is a discussion on he needed to "change" his life-robbing parking meters within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; James Bagarozzo, Larry Charles Plead Guilty To Stealing Thousands In Quarters From Parking Meters James Bagarozzo pleaded guilty last week to damaging more than 75 ...

Thread: he needed to "change" his life-robbing parking meters

James Bagarozzo, Larry Charles Plead Guilty To Stealing Thousands In Quarters From Parking Meters

James Bagarozzo pleaded guilty last week to damaging more than 75 meters between 2003 and 2011, pocketing over $200,000 in quarters. His co-worker, Larry Charles, had previously pleaded guilty to stealing $15,000 from meters between 2007 and 2011.
    and they say crime doesn't pay.....it does in quarters

James Bagarozzo, Larry Charles Plead Guilty To Stealing Thousands In Quarters From Parking Meters

Charles was seen stealing up to $147 worth of coins each day over a 32-day period, according to court documents.
    Over an 8 year period How does one 'fence' $147 per day in quarters (a bit over 7 pounds of quarters) with out someone noticing?
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    Over an 8 year period How does one 'fence' $147 per day in quarters (a bit over 7 pounds of quarters) with out someone noticing?
    It is not uncommon for me to cash in $200 to $500 in change at the bank. Of course my local banks know me as a coin collector that commonly purchases that much in change then go through and resell what I do not keep. Also I have seen businesses such as Laundromats or video arcades deposit that much or more daily.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Would it be untactful to state that one could spend alot of time at the peep-show theatre with all of those quarters?

Maybe the fad with all the kids walking around with their pants down around their hips was actually started by onea these guys trying to walk home after "work"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    The money in parking meters is not tracked. With trends being on the down side, it really wouldnt be that hard...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I wonder what they did with the quarters. Probaly stashed it away. Hmmmm 8 years....lets just say that our local Bakers Square would still be here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    The money in parking meters is not tracked. With trends being on the down side, it really wouldnt be that hard...
    Not so much a question of being noticed on the parking meter side as on the bank/store side. If I own a laundry, peep show, video arcade that would be one thing but otherwise cashing in $147 in quarters every day for 8 years would seem like it would raise questions.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Sponsored Links