Classics: Mauldin in WWII

This is a discussion on Classics: Mauldin in WWII within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; “It will comfort my ol’ woman to know I have gave up rye whiskey and ten-cent seegars.” Blame it on the Jeep thread....................

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By pgrass101
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Classics: Mauldin in WWII

Post Classics: Mauldin in WWII

“It will comfort my ol’ woman to know I have gave up rye whiskey and ten-cent seegars.”

Blame it on the Jeep thread.................
    pgrass101 and deadhawg like this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Willie and Joe really empitomized the dogfaces of WWII. I think that's why the brass didn't like them.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have an original copy of Up Front. It was my Dad's, given to him by his Mother, upon his return from the European Theater.
    pgrass101 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Now that's a treasure, my Grandfather and Great Uncles were in the Pacfic, with the exception of one who died in Italy and one who was captured in 1944 during the battle of Aachen Germany.

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I have an original copy of Up Front. It was my Dad's, given to him by his Mother, upon his return from the European Theater.
    My dad had an original copy too, I remember reading and laughing at Willie and Joe many years ago. Wish I still had it, but it probably went to good will or maybe the local library after dad passed.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My dad had a copy also, now long lost. I bet I read it a hundred times as a kid. RIP Bill. Your humor will live on.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links