Man pays ticket with 137 pigs!

This is a discussion on Man pays ticket with 137 pigs! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this and it was just too funny. $137 ticket paid with 137 one dollar bills folded into origami pigs. To top it all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Man pays ticket with 137 pigs!

I saw this and it was just too funny. $137 ticket paid with 137 one dollar bills folded into origami pigs. To top it all off, they were in Dunkin Donuts boxes! Very original, and very funny.

Video: Ticket paid with 137 origami pigs

Nice!

I had a friend who was going to pay with checks in random amounts from $0.01 to $0.99, but never got around to it.
    Carry everywhere it's legal.

“Never bring a knuck buck to a gunfight.” d0nturner, ohioccwforums.org

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    haha thanks for sharing!

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

One way to get retribution; for being picked on as the example.

VIP Member
    +1 for originality and I do like the idea of using a donut box very funny.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That was WONDERFUL!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Thanks for giving me the best laugh of the day.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Should have used rolled pennies!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This guy is an all-around doofus. He got caught speeding..... he's busted. Paying for his fine the way he does is just looking for more issues.

Now, having said that...... this was the funniest thing I've seen/heard of in awhile.... I laughed!
    gottabkiddin and minimalbrat like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    I can understand his frustration; I was recently stopped for speeding, on the ticket the fine is listed as $30 but there is a charge of $190 for “court costs”. The exorbitant so-called “court costs” is what really annoys me.
    goldshellback and swiftyjuan like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Yeah it was very clever with the pigs and donut boxes and good for a laugh. But this rubs me the wrong way only because it reminds me of my former boss. Everytime he would get a $10 parking ticket from the city he would always claim he is somehow getting screwed over (he wasn't) and had to fight every ticket to the very end. I got sick of hearing about it. He parked where he shouldn't have and stayed past his alottwd time. Just pay the $10 and be done with it.

If this guy was caught by red light cam, he probably was in the intersection and ran the light. You are guilty so pay fine and don't be so obnoxious about it. If his problem is that these cameras are money generating instruments for local governments, well you know what, they are. So are fees for fishing and hunting licenses, car registrations, building permits and carry permits. I don't like it either but it is the world we live in.
    minimalbrat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Yeah it was very clever with the pigs and donut boxes and good for a laugh. But this rubs me the wrong way only because it reminds me of my former boss. Everytime he would get a $10 parking ticket from the city he would always claim he is somehow getting screwed over (he wasn't) and had to fight every ticket to the very end. I got sick of hearing about it. He parked where he shouldn't have and stayed past his alottwd time. Just pay the $10 and be done with it.

If this guy was caught by red light cam, he probably was in the intersection and ran the light. You are guilty so pay fine and don't be so obnoxious about it. If his problem is that these cameras are money generating instruments for local governments, well you know what, they are. So are fees for fishing and hunting licenses, car registrations, building permits and carry permits. I don't like it either but it is the world we live in.
    I don't care why he did it. It was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Even the cop thought it was funny!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

He didn't fight it,...he paid it. It was very creative, and as Spidey2011 pointed it,...even the cop thought it was funny. The cop and the clerk took photos of it.

Don't ever be a lawyer. I have a family member who does criminal law. He says its disgustingly common to have conversations like this,..

Defendant: I did it, but I ain't guilty,..
    Lawyer: If you did it, you ARE guilty but its my job to minimize your sentance,..
    D:Naw, I shouldn't serve anytime or be punished at all,I'm innocent
    L: but you said you did it
    D: Yes, but I'm not guilty

(NOTE:He has never given me specifics of any case of any individual as he is not allowed to. Only that it is common for clients to admit they did what they were charged of, yet they feel they deserve no punishment of any kind. Some even said they don't think its right to have to pay a lawyer or any fines of any kind.)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

. . .

I don't like it either but it is the world we live in. Why is it the "world we live in"?

So are fees for fishing and hunting licenses, car registrations, building permits and carry permits. Fees for H&F licenses go to the state coffers and pay for conservation, habitat, stocking, fisheries, etc.

...these cameras are money generating instruments for local governments, well you know what, they are. I'm sorry, the population is increasing, therefore the tax base is increasing, and the tax rate is increasing as well. To what end are these local governments raising additional revenue above what is taken from the residents through regular property taxes (paid by renters as well through the rents they pay)?

If this guy was caught by red light cam, he probably was in the intersection and ran the light. You are guilty so pay fine and don't be so obnoxious about it. Most cams catch the vehicle, not necessarily the driver. But, if it caught the driver, so be it, you're correct, he is guilty.

So let's mount cameras everywhere, or better yet, on everyone. We are all, you included, committing crimes every singe day, some of them federal offenses. Personal body cams would catch everyone in the act... increase employment (for monitors for the criminals (each and every one of us), increase revenues for the government, and eventually it will be 1984.. you know... George Orwell's 1984.

NO. That is NOT the world I want to live in.

Back when I was a kid in Chicago, you could go to the Museum of Science and Industry for free any day. Yes there were attractions you paid for: the German U Boat and the coal mine, and some machines that would make you a trinket, like an aluminum ash tray. You could go to the Field Museum and see the man eating lions of Tsavo, for free. And buy a book about them if you wished... You could see dinosaur skeletons for free, and wander around all the life size dioramas. All for FREE. But not any more... No. Sure, they have poor days, like once a month, where you can go for free... But I wouldn't go then...

But the tax base in Chicago has gotten larger, the tax rates higher, the parking fees... (oh wait, scratch that, they sold their parking fees to the Arabs. No, really! The Saudis own the revenue from the parking meters in Chicago. The city sold them all and I don't think they get anything from them any more... but have to pay what would have been generated if they close down meters for say, a parade.)

I don't know which candidate supports my idea of body cams... but I'm gonna vote for him, you betcha! Oh, wait... They all do... except for maybe Ron Paul... but he'll never win anything...

It's the end folks! we're doomed! DOOMED! I say.

Taking off my tinfoil hat now....

You're right... he's guilty... he should pay the fine and shut up... AND HE DID....

Every one of those bills had printed on it "THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE" They should have accepted them with grace and aplomb. Doesn't say anything about whether it's folded, torn, rolled, whatever, as long as it's all there, it's legal tender... But I wonder what the fine was for folding them all like that... surely, he's guilty of another offense... he should have been made to pay that, too... Did he inappropriately use the Dunkin' Donuts boxes? Did he recycle them properly? Surely while he spent his four hours folding them he was not being a productive member of society... And I wonder what portion of that $137 actually goes to the city... and not to the contractor that installed those cameras..

Look at that... you got me started... I'll go take a nice hot bath now... I'll be just fine, fine I say....
    Spidey2011 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links