Voter Fraud

This is a discussion on Voter Fraud within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As we go Forward and close in on this election cycle, articles like this tend to make me wonder how long the 2nd Amendment will ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Voter Fraud

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Voter Fraud

As we go Forward and close in on this election cycle, articles like this tend to make me wonder how long the 2nd Amendment will survive if our elected elite, sorry I mean officals are elected by Non-Americans without a firm grasp of our history let alone our Constitution or Bill of Rights:

Secretary of State: 4K noncitizens on voter rolls | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

It won't happen here?

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The good news is that these sort of findings are coming out before the election. Hopefully a cleansing will occur before and after the election. In fact, I'm sure our entire political process needs an enema.
    GunGeezer, JerryMac and CIBMike like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I too share your concern but would like to add that it is not only noncitizen voters who pose a threat to our Republic. Americans born and educated in this country have a poor grasp of our history and cornerstone documents such as the Constitution. These subjects are not taught in sufficient detail, if at all, our public school systems and aren't sexy enough for young minds to seek out on their own. Once they reach maturation we call such people liberals.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I got into this "fight" with a lady who formerly attended my church. She's a flaming Republican-hating Liberal who is convinced that showing ID to vote or prove you are who you say you are on the voter registration rolls is just a plot by the Republicans to stiffle minority voters. I told her that was a lie and she went off like a Roman candle to chastise me because she is convinced there IS no voter fraud. Indeed it happens, and all political parties are to blame for not attempting to curtail it.

Our system of voter registration and how they appear at the polls needs some upgrading. We have too many fraudulent cases where people get away with voting multiple times. That hurts the genuine voters and their vote.

I work in elections and there have been a few "questionable" voters either out-of-state residents who still may have been on our books, or coming to the precinct where they used to vote but have voted in the one they moved into and are attempting to vote again. We can allow them to vote, but it's called a Provisional Ballot and will be reviewed after the polls close. We need to get rid of the majority of fraudulent votes.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; September 19th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
    GunGeezer and darbo like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    You have to have ID to cash a check, open a bank account (unless you are an illegal and bank with BofA), and apply for WIC, food stamps, welfare or Social Security. You also need ID to drive a car, board an airplane or go to the emergency room. I see no reason what so ever that it could prevent someone from LEGALLY voting to ask for a picture ID.
    accessbob, mprp, babarock and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I dont know what kind of man he was in his term or what you all may think of him but local radio personalities recently interveiwed Jessie Ventura. Jessie had said we need to get rid of democrat and republican titles. That people need to stop voting for a party and start voting for a person. His idea is to force people to be more aware of what an indavidual person stands for.

I dont know if this is actualy HIS idea but I like it. Whether it would work or not Im not sure.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

You can get a driver's license without citizenship
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Remember, vote early, vote often!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I dont know what kind of man he was in his term or what you all may think of him but local radio personalities recently interveiwed Jessie Ventura. Jessie had said we need to get rid of democrat and republican titles. That people need to stop voting for a party and start voting for a person. His idea is to force people to be more aware of what an indavidual person stands for.

I dont know if this is actualy HIS idea but I like it. Whether it would work or not Im not sure.
    A few years ago there was a push here in North Carolina to remove party affiliation from ballots, the ACLU and NAACP immediately filed suit saying without the D or R people would not know who to vote for.
    GunGeezer and Ionracas like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    A few years ago there was a push here in North Carolina to remove party affiliation from ballots, the ACLU and NAACP immediately filed suit saying without the D or R people would not know who to vote for.
    I will amend their reasoning by saying lazy people and people who can not read will not know who to vote for. Why else would there be a picture as well as a title? Quick, Donkey or Elephant!? Pick one and decide our future!
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Dropping the party affiliation would only work in the General Election, but not Primaries. You must vote for those in the party you are registered in a Primary election to select the candidate for the run off come November.

Unless we just have one giant election where everyone by the thousands are on the ballot and it takes a couple of hours to vote.

I believe during a primary in WV a voter can request verbally a different ballot than the party they are registered except for the Mountain Party. The voter MUST verbally ask a Poll Clerk for that ballot, we as workers cannot "suggest" it.

I am all for identification, and under certain circumstaces here where I live a Poll Clerk or Election Commissioner can challenge a person if they are questionable, but never deny them voting unless the polls have closed. That is the only time a voter can be refused.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    You can get a driver's license without citizenship
    Without citizenship, perhaps, but in a lot of states you need to demonstrate you are here legally.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Dropping the party affiliation would only work in the General Election, but not Primaries. You must vote for those in the party you are registered in a Primary election to select the candidate for the run off come November.

Unless we just have one giant election where everyone by the thousands are on the ballot and it takes a couple of hours to vote.

I believe during a primary in WV a voter can request verbally a different ballot than the party they are registered except for the Mountain Party. The voter MUST verbally ask a Poll Clerk for that ballot, we as workers cannot "suggest" it.

I am all for identification, and under certain circumstaces here where I live a Poll Clerk or Election Commissioner can challenge a person if they are questionable, but never deny them voting unless the polls have closed. That is the only time a voter can be refused.
    List everyone on a ballot by position running for and then by name in alphabetical order. Then every candidate has the same chance. I am willing to take more time voting if it means getting someone in office for who they are, not what colors or animal they represent. Yes that would interfear with work and family schedules but any honest, hard working American should take time and consideration in voting. Afterall the people in office will greatly affect the aforementioned.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    ...officals [sic] are elected by Non-Americans without a firm grasp of our history let alone our Constitution or Bill of Rights...
    Sadly, too many Americans lack that same firm grasp you're describing. A very large fraction of adult Americans who were born here can't pass the basic civics questions required for new US citizenship (here: USCIS - 100 Civics Questions and Answers with MP3 Audio (English version))

Aside from politically aware people (such as many of us on DC), ask a few of your friends or work associates how many Representatives and Senators there are in the US Congress, and who their Congressman and Senator are. You will likely be disappointed in the results.
    GunGeezer likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member
    What a mess. I don't see it gettin any better as time goes.
    GunGeezer likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links