Philedelphia Business Man Faces Penalties for Cleaning Up City Property

Philedelphia Business Man Faces Penalties for Cleaning Up City Property

This is a discussion on Philedelphia Business Man Faces Penalties for Cleaning Up City Property within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hope the link works. Im still getting the hang of using a phone in place of a computer. City may sue developer who spent $20,000 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Philedelphia Business Man Faces Penalties for Cleaning Up City Property

Question Philedelphia Business Man Faces Penalties for Cleaning Up City Property

Hope the link works. Im still getting the hang of using a phone in place of a computer.

City may sue developer who spent $20,000 to remove 40 tons of trash from vacant lot

What gets me is that this was not likley a one day process. If he is in the wrong why was he allowed to complete the project without conflict?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

VIP Member
    And if he does return it to the previous condition they will probably charge him with littering.
    Badey likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    And if he does return it to the previous condition they will probably charge him with littering.
    Considering they already tried to once, I would not at all be surprised.

Its funny how some officials wont take action on a problem until someone else does. I give this man a lot of credit for what he did, especialy the ammount of money he invested but I cant say I would do the same. Maybe that makes me a lesser person, it just dosnt pay to do the right thing anymore.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Now that is really messed up!!! After some ugly situations at the church we attend, one of my daughter's told me: "Dad, sometimes its easier for them to forgive you when you are wrong, and harder to forgive you when you've been right." That might apply here....
    Ionracas likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Did he find any guns?

I wish we could give Philly to New Jersey!
    Richekay likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

The problem is not the alleged unlawful cleanup of this lot adjacent to his business, what he really did is :

Embarass the city government.

That my friends is a really big no, no. Since they are usless in cleaning up stuff, he pointed it out by doing it himself. That was embarassing to the City Fathers.

What the guy really needs to do is get himself some shark of a lawyer and sue Philadelphia for not only the 20 grand he spent making the cesspool look better, but additional monies for his agony at having to deal with morons at City government level.
    Ionracas, Badey and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

^ THIS

I realy hope there is a follow up story. Unfortunatley with the time it takes for things to get to court or even a settlement, Ill probably have forgotten this.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Moving this to "Off topic." Nothing here related to armed citizens and defensive carry..
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Moving this to "Off topic." Nothing here related to armed citizens and defensive carry..
    Sorry, I didnt pay attention to the, "In the News" requirements. But thank you.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Reminds me of the story of my true love's father, who owned a heavy constructon equipment company. The alley behind his house was in terrible condition with horrendous potholes and busted pavement. After almost a year of the neighborhood complaining to the city without results, he took matters into his own hands. He brought home the necessary equipment and fixed it. Next thing he knew the city was threatening to fine him.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

I have a half mile of road frontage on my property that I mow twice a month with a riding mower. It looks like a golf course. A couple of years ago, our County Commissioner stopped by and informed me that that was county right of way, they had a crew that mowed it twice a year, and asked that I no longer mow county property. I nicely explained where he could put his request, and I haven't heard from him since.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... spending more than $20,000 of his own money not only to remove the trash but also to level the soil; add cherry trees, fencing and park benches; and repave the sidewalk.

"This was a lot of garbage," local resident Elaine McGrath told the paper. "Now it's gorgeous. I'm excited."

However, the city agency was less excited, demanding that Feibush return the vacant lot to its previous condition and saying it is considering legal action against him.
    To the hirelings in question: Pound sand, you worthless bureaucrats. A citizen who cares more about the city in which you live just did everyone a favor. And you're being shown up for the backstabbing disjoint failure of service to the citizens that you've been known for in the past, though this time largely due to your own ineptitude and craven disregard for what's good and right. Enjoy the beautiful space, trees, benches ... gifted to you by a worthy citizen with regard for those around him.

Ostensibly, by definition the "agency" is working on behalf of (at least some of) the citizens. Which citizens would prefer a putrifying garbage hole, compared to a site with trees, paths, benches and space? Only a scorned, snubbed bureaucrat.

EDIT: Wouldn't surprise me if the citizen were to receive donations that amounted to at least the cost of having cleared the previous eyesore. Perhaps it'll become a community-maintained space, with just a little motivation by those in the area. Imagine the placard, placed at such a space, and what it would say about its origins ... Gotta love it.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Philadelphia - on the cutting edge of Urban Blight!

I wrote to them here philly311@phila.gov to give them a piece of my mind. Now I'm afraid they might fine me!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

What a bunch of idiots.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links