Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range

This is a discussion on Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mano3 Not bad, but they left out "Mr. Super Safety" and the "Master Gun Expert"... 6 People You Meet at a Shooting ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Not bad, but they left out "Mr. Super Safety" and the "Master Gun Expert"...

6 People You Meet at a Shooting Range
    +1 to "Mr. Super Safety" and "Master Gun Expert". May I also add the "Know-it-all"... the guy who wanders over to your position and and critiques your weapons and offers up his "friendly" advice. He's shooting some gigantic revolver but turns his nose up at your autos, "Never had much call for one o' them things... to many moving parts." I guess why every police force and military in the world is still shooting .38's.
    mano3 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

"The Reloader"

Watching where every piece of brass falls... like the fat kid at lunch, 'you gonna eat that?'

The guy with the 375 or 460 Nitro etc that's never been or going to Africa.

Was fun to shoot his rifles though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    "The Reloader"

Watching where every piece of brass falls... like the fat kid at lunch, 'you gonna eat that?'
    Hilarious! They are almost like homeless dumpster divers looking for cans. scouring the range for just one more piece of .357 brass... lol
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    Hilarious! They are almost like homeless dumpster divers looking for cans. scouring the range for just one more piece of .357 brass... lol
    You guys are starting to make me feel a bit self conscious.

Michael

How about the couple where the woman seems to be holding her own but the guy has to stand up and correct something between every shot? Then runs his mouth about every little thing that happens when a gun fires and what shes doing wrong.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    As someone who takes comedy very seriously I'd say the cartoon is a funny idea poorly executed, going for the cheap laugh with stereotypes that have been done to death.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    What about the ladies in low cut shirts, skirts and high heels? I always get a laugh on that one.
    Usually these ladies are also sporting a giddy "how cool was that" look on their face when they step away from the firing line. Everyone has a first time.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Usually these ladies are also sporting a giddy "how cool was that" look on their face when they step away from the firing line. Everyone has a first time.
    Thats how I felt and probably looked after my first shotgun experience. Except I wasnt wearing a low cut shirt, skirt and high heels. In a predominantley Baptist region, it may not be appreciated. My wife would probably laugh though.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I don't think picking up your brass is bad thing, I think that comes from 30 years in the military. "Police your brass" still ringing in my ears.
    ArmyMan and pfries like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I don't think picking up your brass is bad thing, I think that comes from 30 years in the military. "Police your brass" still ringing in my ears.
    I've never served in the military or been LEO, but I do it out of habit.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I like the low-cut blouses. More than once I've seen cleavage-seeking casings fly directly from pistol to deep between the breasts. The subsequent dancing / strip show can be very entertaining.

Wait a Minute! I"m NOT the only person who still HAS a Palm device??!!

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Me neither. Guess I need to stop shooting at home so much.. apparently I'm missing out by doing so.

Sent from my palm device
    I thought my wife and I were the last two in existence! The IT guys at work laughed at me when I talked about still using a Palm. I also have a BlackBerry, but it isn't as friendly; I only use it as a phone.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Senior Moderator
    You going to use that brass?
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    What about the ladies in low cut shirts, skirts and high heels? I always get a laugh on that one.
    I always wear my normal clothes which means I'm in sandals with heels and well not real low cut shirts - but yeah not tshirts. I'm getting good about not dancing around crazy, just reaching in and pulling the brass out, but still curse like a sailor when it goes flying in. I actually have 3 burns right now.

Mostly at my range it's old guys or the stereotypical girl on the poster.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links