Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range - Page 3

Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range

This is a discussion on Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Thunder71 "The Reloader" Watching where every piece of brass falls... like the fat kid at lunch, 'you gonna eat that?' I prefer ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    "The Reloader"

Watching where every piece of brass falls... like the fat kid at lunch, 'you gonna eat that?'
    I prefer to be called a "Brass Hawk".Laugh all you want,it only costs me .06 a round to shoot
    mano3 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Where's the Survivalist, and the Hermit? Gotta have those, in the cartoon. They seem frequent additions, at least at the ranges I've been to.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    What about the ladies in low cut shirts, skirts and high heels? I always get a laugh on that one.
    Funny thing, I can't seem to recall how well they shot. To tell the truth...I'm not sure they even hit a target. And I know I was watching, I distinctly remember watching.
    swiftyjuan and mano3 like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    Funny thing, I can't seem to recall how well they shot. To tell the truth...I'm not sure they even hit a target. And I know I was watching, I distinctly remember watching.
    Yeah - we hit the target...
    Target 9-10.jpg
    swiftyjuan, mano3 and pfries like this.

Wow, I think some people need to get a life lol. Do you know I seldom notice what others are wearing lol. I do talk to a few people at the range and I guess the guys are wearing jeans and t shirts, can't say I noticed much. The lady's wear all kinds of things. A few come in skirts and nice blouses and heels, it is ladies night from 6 to 8 so they probably come straight from work.

I wear what ever I happen to have on. That can mean sweat pants and t shirt or shorts and short t shirt. It can mean saddles or tennis shoes. Only thing I worry about is that my nails are painted lol. HEY, lets be serious I have had more than one person look at my gun and I want to make sure my nails look nice lol.

My husband laughs, " You didn't use to care how you looked when you went to the range. " I know, but there are a more ladies there now than there use to be. You don't think woman dress up for men do you lol.

Yes, I have done the hot dance when a casing went down the front or back of my shirt and guys have laughed. No, I didn't try to take my shirt off lol I just got the darn thing out. Yes, a guys casing hit the back of my ankle when I was wearing saddles and made it bleed all over the place ( no he didn't laugh ). Yes, I have gotten excited and done a YA ME when I got 5 in the bulls eye. Get over it lol.
    Last edited by minimalbrat; September 21st, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Warning: Serious post to follow, skip if this offends you in a 'funny' thread.

Honestly, I think you should practice how you dress... if you normally wear a shirt and tie when you carry, practice that way - likewise, if you wear high heels and a dress, practice that way. Maybe not all the time, but often enough so that you know what it's like in your day to day attire.
    If my wife caught me practicing in skirt and heels, practice would be the least of my worries.
    minimalbrat, swiftyjuan and Lish like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If my wife caught me practicing in skirt and heels, practice would be the least of my worries.
    Ahh, so that's why you chose the range that's an hour from your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrodoc View Post
    I like the low-cut blouses. More than once I've seen cleavage-seeking casings fly directly from pistol to deep between the breasts. The subsequent dancing / strip show can be very entertaining.
    Took a girl shooting who was.... Lets say blessed.... One double tap later she was dancing around trying to pull her shirt off... Might have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Senior Moderator
    I once had hot brass get stuck between my toes......
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

The mustache is spot on, the red necks are usually on the shot gun part of the range where I'm at.

What about the guy who shows up to the defensive pistol match wearing cargo shorts, athletic shoes, and a superhero t-shirt. Does not appear to have a gun on him. Puts on the one piece of gun related apparel he owns and only wears at the range, a black cap with big NRA in gold. He puts on shooting glasses and hearing protection and when he steps up to the line you gotta wonder if he forgot something. Buzzer goes off and the shirt comes up and there's the pistol in his concealed carry holster. It's a bone stock GLOCK 19 and he's shootin' store bought ammo. He's not gonna come in first but that pistol doesn't skip a beat. What a newb. Someone get this guy some Blackhawk! and Midway USA catalogs.

Then there's the guy at the casual defensive pistol match that has to question every COF and interject that in IDPA this that, and in IPSC they flim flam foo foo, Bianchi cup who ha, etc. He's wearing the GLOCK hat, 5.11 pants, 5.11 vest, and using his pimped out tuned up GLOCK 34 with his just over power factor handloads. You chuckle a little when he has a malfunction follwed by "damn whatzit primers", "musta not got a charge in that one", or "gotta check my crimps". He's good, fast, and accurate but damn.

Proud to say I'm the first guy.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I've never been to a civilian range, so I guess that would make me a Visitor.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by armyman View Post
    i guess that would make me a visitor.
    from another planet!!!!!!
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

For the record:
    I think you should wear whatever you want or feel comfortable wearing. I am not of the sheep variety.

For the ladies:
    I'm not a pig. I adore women. I like the heels, skirt, nails and hair. In fact when the pretty lady at the range beats me I don't even mind. IMHO a woman makes everything look good. And just for you ladies on the forum, I hereby swear I will divert my eyes and pay more attention to your grouping. (Shot grouping, I swear that's what I meant to say!)

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Yes, the poster missed a lot of stereotypes.

The Hermit and The Re-loader got me laughing!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links