Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range

This is a discussion on Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 I once had hot brass get stuck between my toes...... Illlustrating why one should wear a belt, and a shirt that ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Cartoon: People You Meet at the Range

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I once had hot brass get stuck between my toes......
    Illlustrating why one should wear a belt, and a shirt that overlaps it. Hot brass down the crack can't be a good feeling.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    For the record:
    I think you should wear whatever you want or feel comfortable wearing. I am not of the sheep variety.

For the ladies:
    I'm not a pig. I adore women. I like the heels, skirt, nails and hair. In fact when the pretty lady at the range beats me I don't even mind. IMHO a woman makes everything look good. And just for you ladies on the forum, I hereby swear I will divert my eyes and pay more attention to your grouping. (Shot grouping, I swear that's what I meant to say!)
    :) I heard that
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I am sure glad ladies DO go to the range in their skirts and high heels. Many gentlemen may not know this but many ladies are in skirts and high heels a great deal of the time. I don't think we really have the time to say HOLD ON MR RAPIST I need to change clothes and get some tennis shoes on so I am ready to shoot. We need to be ready to shoot no matter what we have on. I have never gone in a pair of heels only sandals or jogging shoes but it might be a good idea to pug those babys on with my pants next time I go.
    joker1 and BurgerBoy like this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    I am sure glad ladies DO go to the range in their skirts and high heels. Many gentlemen may not know this but many ladies are in skirts and high heels a great deal of the time. I don't think we really have the time to say HOLD ON MR RAPIST I need to change clothes and get some tennis shoes on so I am ready to shoot. We need to be ready to shoot no matter what we have on. I have never gone in a pair of heels only sandals or jogging shoes but it might be a good idea to pug those babys on with my pants next time I go.
    I do not disagree with practicing how you play, for the record. However standing in a lane shooting at a stationary target is different than taking any kind of FOF or other classes where you are shooting on the move. Unless your wearing very restrictive clothing (limiting movement) then the most your going to practice on a normal range trip is grip, stance and proper sight alignment. What you wear while doing that is kind of irrelivant so why not take take better safety precautions. Also, not everyone with a gun or at the range is nessecarily learning to protect themselves.

For the record I have absolouey nothing against women at the range. I would have just as much to say about a guy in a tanktop and sandals but I just dont see that.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I do not disagree with practicing how you play, for the record. However standing in a lane shooting at a stationary target is different than taking any kind of FOF or other classes where you are shooting on the move. Unless your wearing very restrictive clothing (limiting movement) then the most your going to practice on a normal range trip is grip, stance and proper sight alignment. What you wear while doing that is kind of irrelivant so why not take take better safety precautions. Also, not everyone with a gun or at the range is nessecarily learning to protect themselves.

For the record I have absolouey nothing against women at the range. I would have just as much to say about a guy in a tanktop and sandals but I just dont see that.
    Doing anything in heels is different than doing the same thing in a pair of tennis shoes. Even standing and walking around is different in heels. Your balance is different the way you use your body is different. So your stance may even be different. Walk around in a pair for awhile. You will see you even stand differently :).
    Ionracas and BurgerBoy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I don't think picking up your brass is bad thing, I think that comes from 30 years in the military. "Police your brass" still ringing in my ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I've never served in the military or been LEO, but I do it out of habit.
    Habits can hurt. I heard from an expert (forget which but maybe at TDI) that at least one officer has been shot in a fight policing brass out of habit. Anyone else?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I'm fairly safety conscious myself, but I'm there to throw rounds down range and have fun. I end up chatting up other gun owners, comparing guns, calibers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Doing anything in heels is different than doing the same thing in a pair of tennis shoes. Even standing and walking around is different in heels. Your balance is different the way you use your body is different. So your stance may even be different. Walk around in a pair for awhile. You will see you even stand differently :).
    This is why I wear my heeled sandals so often at the range. With the exception of my cowboy boots they are the only shoes I wear on a regular basis. I never wear tennis shoes - ever. Boots, the sandals or barefoot. You do stand and balance differently. I'll probably pay more attention to what top I'm wearing when I go though. When they land in the bra it's not too bad - it stings, but you just reach in and grab it right out quickly. I had one the other day go all the way in my shirt and burn my stomach - my shirt was tucked in and it was a bit longer getting it out. Still, they are minor burns so I'm not that concerned about it from a safety standpoint. Now eye protection - that's a big safety deal to me.
    minimalbrat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    This is why I wear my heeled sandals so often at the range. With the exception of my cowboy boots they are the only shoes I wear on a regular basis. I never wear tennis shoes - ever. Boots, the sandals or barefoot. You do stand and balance differently. I'll probably pay more attention to what top I'm wearing when I go though. When they land in the bra it's not too bad - it stings, but you just reach in and grab it right out quickly. I had one the other day go all the way in my shirt and burn my stomach - my shirt was tucked in and it was a bit longer getting it out. Still, they are minor burns so I'm not that concerned about it from a safety standpoint. Now eye protection - that's a big safety deal to me.
    This thread is worthless without pictures.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I'll play - this is typical attire for me - you can't see the shoes very well though. (I've also fixed my stance since this picture and stopped arching my back like I used to.)
    range.jpg

I've actually threatened to just start shooting topless on my property so the stupid brass would just bounce off and not get stuck in clothing. We're rural enough I could get away with it I think. My husband doesn't think it's a good idea though lol
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links