New Show:Revolution

This is a discussion on New Show:Revolution within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw the "second after" thread. A new show just started called Revolution. All electricity on earth is wiped out (I think batteries as well). ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Show:Revolution

New Show:Revolution

Just saw the "second after" thread. A new show just started called Revolution. All electricity on earth is wiped out (I think batteries as well). They don't tell you how it happened. Part of the mystery. Just wondering how the show will reflect on how folks might or might not act in that situation.

The show starts with the power outage and picks up 15 years later.

Curious to what besides EMP's could wipe out electricity forever. My understanding is that even if the poles reverse you can still have elctricity work eventually.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Tv show physics along with showing people running around with crossbows... Looked retarded, like one of those scary movies that would be over in 5 minutes if the protagonist had a firearm.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It started out okay. Just as long as it doesn't start wandering around aimlessly like "Lost" did, I'm okay with it...so far.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It started out okay. Just as long as it doesn't start wandering around aimlessly like "Lost" did, I'm okay with it...so far.
    My wife and son did not like your comment LOL.....They were watching Lost when I read it. I think it has a promising start as long as they can start giving out details about how it happened during the course of the season....personally I think it would be a good mini series.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

I liked the part where they all had their yards as gardens for growing their food. did you notice the malitia leader looks alot like obama. LOL
    david
    JerryMac likes this.

The obama looking guy is not the militia leader the leader is the guy that was in the car when electricity went out. sergeant Morrow i think that's his name

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Just saw the "second after" thread. A new show just started called Revolution. All electricity on earth is wiped out (I think batteries as well). They don't tell you how it happened. Part of the mystery. Just wondering how the show will reflect on how folks might or might not act in that situation.

The show starts with the power outage and picks up 15 years later.

Curious to what besides EMP's could wipe out electricity forever. My understanding is that even if the poles reverse you can still have elctricity work eventually.
    Naw...its when we convert to solar and wind power 100%

I watched the first episode and have mixed feelings. My wife liked it, but I'll reserve judgement until after another episode or two. It's going to have to be pretty good to get me to watch it for an hour instead of watching Monday Night Football! I like programs that are at least "plausable". So far, this one seemed just a bit far fetched. Even if there was a gigantic EMP, I don't believe it would wipe out ALL electricity--including all batteries--for 15 years. And in one scene, the black woman who had helped the kid who had escaped the militia for awhile, had a working computer hidden away and was communicating with someone. So if she had some "electronics" that work, why don't a LOT of other people??? I'll give it another week or two before I give up my football for good.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The show has it's weak points, like ex-soldier/bartender's mad ninja "bring a sword to a multi gun fight" party, but did you notice the Monroe militia had a "gun possession = hanging" law and only one guy was fool enough to bring out a firearm during the standoff with Colonel Obama? I'll keep on watching for a while, I think it might be a good distraction.
    the6shooter likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    did you notice the malitia leader looks alot like obama.
    If all the power went out and presumably much of the rule of law, I would not want to look like oba mao
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The show has it's weak points, like ex-soldier/bartender's mad ninja "bring a sword to a multi gun fight" party, but did you notice the Monroe militia had a "gun possession = hanging" law and only one guy was fool enough to bring out a firearm during the standoff with Colonel Obama? I'll keep on watching for a while, I think it might be a good distraction.
    A lot of the militia had muzzle loaders which I thought was strange.

Meh, i think ill stick to watchimg Cold Case and Psych. Too many shows and movies with this same theme.

Just read the book, which was ok..... i think about this occasionally, not that i am a doomsday prepper, but i just try to b a good boy scout.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

VIP Member

A coronal mass ejection as severe as the Carrington Event could fry everything electrical so badly that it would take years, if not decades to restore the power grid.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A lot of the militia had muzzle loaders which I thought was strange.
    Crossbows and front-stuffers give it that "primitive" feel. I'm waiting for a BAR to show up. Now there's a gun!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links