Good riddance to bad rubbish. - Page 2

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

This is a discussion on Good riddance to bad rubbish. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Bill’s Barbecue closing all restaurants this week" Good....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Good riddance to bad rubbish.

  1. #16
    Member Array TxCommish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    116
    "Bill’s Barbecue closing all restaurants this week"

    Good.
    Eagleks and FTG-05 like this.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array 357and40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Charles, Missouri
    Posts
    2,373
    Judging from the comments below the article it seems that the things that put them out of business were:
    Economy
    Rude, unhappy help
    Dirty restaurants

    Since what is good or bad BBQ ia subjective I will have to disregard the several comments on how awful their BBQ was compared to others in the area and how amazing it USED TO be....

    Apparently, judging from the comments, they should have opened a clean little lime-ade stand staffed by people who have undergone extreme happiness therapy.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array blitzburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    3,738
    Maybe I'm getting soft as I age. I of course feel bad for tthe workers who will now be without employment but I also slightly feel bad that a business has gone out of business too.. I understand that they were anti (according to the OP) but I still can't bring myself to wish harm or misfortune on the owner or others for reasons I won't get into.

    I do however hope that one day they see the light.

    -- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

  4. #19
    Member Array FLArmadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Osceola County, FL
    Posts
    264
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

  5. #20
    Senior Member Array Caertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,101
    I feel no remorse when Karma kicks in and in instances such as this, I have been known to celebrate.
    FTG-05 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array JoJoGunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Judging from the comments below the article it seems that the things that put them out of business were:
    Economy
    Rude, unhappy help
    Dirty restaurants

    Since what is good or bad BBQ ia subjective I will have to disregard the several comments on how awful their BBQ was compared to others in the area and how amazing it USED TO be....

    Apparently, judging from the comments, they should have opened a clean little lime-ade stand staffed by people who have undergone extreme happiness therapy.
    Stacking an anti RKBA or Concealed Carry policy on top of these would be the thick icing on the cake and made it collapse.

    I too really hate to see any business pro or against go out of business, but it's a dog eat dog world out there and you'd better be on top of your game, or you will lose.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

    The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I feel no remorse when Karma kicks in and in instances such as this, I have been known to celebrate.
    Karma? Betcha the owners are making a business decision that will be profitable to them or lessen their losses and write it off. The only folks getting hurt here are the employees. Explain to me how Karma is working here....
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  8. #23
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Before I applaud a business going out of business and employees losing their jobs can you cite some resources where they actually INFLUENCED others policies. Just because one has a big mouth does not mean the were effective. If not I would be more concerned about the workers, not the managements policies.

    What about Chik fil A....some folks wanted them out of business.....Just because folks disagreed with the CEO's views.
    Which might be why folks used to be taught that talking about certain subjects or personal beliefs are best not discussed in public. The reaction you get might not be the one you anticipated. If you know your opinions and beliefs might harm your business and you still go out of your way to express them I will have to admire your resolve. I will also have to question your business sense.

    As far as saying that if a person is not effective in their attempt to influence others that they should not suffer any consequences for the attempt is more forgiving than I am prepared to be in most cases. Certain politicians constantly try to ban weapons. Just because they fail in their effort to influence enough other politicians to get the job done is no reason to assume they are harmless.

    Michael
    DaveH and oneshot like this.

  9. #24
    Member Array d2jlking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Karma? Betcha the owners are making a business decision that will be profitable to them or lessen their losses and write it off. The only folks getting hurt here are the employees. Explain to me how Karma is working here....
    So what you're saying is you believe the owners of the failed business are pleased with the outcome? The started a chain of restaurants with the hope that one day they would go under?

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,895
    Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    So what you're saying is you believe the owners of the failed business are pleased with the outcome? The started a chain of restaurants with the hope that one day they would go under?
    First off, you should not start a sentence with "So what you're saying is .." because that is not what I said. I was responding to a person who said
    I feel no remorse when Karma kicks in and in instances such as this, I have been known to celebrate.
    .
    Point was if the owners left the situation with a profit for themselves then how is Karma kicking in? The folks getting hurt are the employees who have nothing to do with the managements no gun policy.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  11. #26
    Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado at 14,650'
    Posts
    12,598
    Point was if the owners left the situation with a profit for themselves then how is Karma kicking in?
    That is IF they had profits as contrasted to strings of losses, or to the alternative, by closing they eliminated forever the opportunity for future profits. Management and owners got hurt too.

  12. #27
    Member Array d2jlking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    First off, you should not start a sentence with "So what you're saying is .." because that is not what I said. I was responding to a person who said .
    Point was if the owners left the situation with a profit for themselves then how is Karma kicking in? The folks getting hurt are the employees who have nothing to do with the managements no gun policy.
    Thanks for the lesson in sentence structure I understood your point, and while I agree that the employees are probably taking the worst of the situation, I believe the owners did not get what they wanted either. Having your chain of restaurants go out of business doesn't sound very profitable to me. Karma, because of the owner's stance on guns? Maybe. Maybe not.

  13. #28
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,895
    Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    Thanks for the lesson in sentence structure I understood your point, and while I agree that the employees are probably taking the worst of the situation, I believe the owners did not get what they wanted either. Having your chain of restaurants go out of business doesn't sound very profitable to me. Karma, because of the owner's stance on guns? Maybe. Maybe not.
    You said it a little bit better than me That was my point. The owners of course do not start a business and expect it to fail. And most would rather have the business profitable and keep making money just like could little capitalist should. But the owners are more likely doing OK than the employees who are now on unemployment.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  14. #29
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That was not the point (and I know that). And Bill's did not take away anybody;s rights either unless you can cite a case where a person carrying a gun is considered a protected class...which they are not.

    I don't care if folks boycott the place either. (either one for either reason). What I take issue is to have some glee that a lot of lost there job. And Bill's going under had nothing to do with their anti gun policies.

    And...where did Bill's cause harm to the resteraunt industry and gun owners except for the OP citing an opinion.


    ^^^^^^As always^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


    You are seeing it from your perspective only, and all others are wrong.

    Anyone who was/is gay could still go in a Chik-fil-A and eat, and still be gay.

    A person who was/is lawfully carrying concealed, could not, in any restaurant, eat and still lawfully carry.

    That is the point Dave is making, which you refuse to pick-up on.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  15. #30
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,895
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I do understand his point and not only do I disagree with it my opinion is backed up with facts. Gay, race,, gender, and others are protected classes. FACT. Carrying a gun is not a protected class FACT. Now, if they change the laws then whether I agree with it or not does not matter but I would have to acknkowledg it is a fact that gun carriers are a protected class. That is my point. If you say ones rights are being denied or taken away then that is simply not true under the eyes of the law no matter how much the individual wants to interrpret the Constittution and who has more rights, the property owner or the person carrying on a gun. I am not alone on this forum that has this opinion.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bud foster restaurant
,
chick fil a employee quits
,

good riddance to bad rubbish and schadenfreude

,

good riddance to bad rubbish quote

,
good riddens of bad rubbish quote picts
Click on a term to search for related topics.