Want to buy Bonnie and Clydes guns?

This is a discussion on Want to buy Bonnie and Clydes guns? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; RR Auction: Bidtracker Item Detail Clyde Barrow’s Colt Model 1911 Government Model Semi-auto pistol, removed from his waistband after the ambush by Texas and Louisiana ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Want to buy Bonnie and Clydes guns?

Senior Moderator

RR Auction: Bidtracker Item Detail Clyde Barrow’s Colt Model 1911 Government Model Semi-auto pistol, removed from his waistband after the ambush by Texas and Louisiana lawmen on May 23, 1934. This is a standard US Army pistol of World War I vintage, #164070, cal. .45 ACP, and according to the included Colt factory letter was delivered to Springfield Armory on June 28, 1917- $75,000

RR Auction: Bidtracker Item Detail Bonnie Parker’s Colt Detective Special .38 revolver, carried by her at the time of her death. A notarized letter from former Special Texas Ranger Frank Hamer, Jr., dated December 10, 1979, identifies this gun and states, “On the morning of May 23, 1934, when my father and the officers with him in Louisiana killed Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker. My father removed this gun from the inside thigh of Bonnie Parker where she had it taped with white, medical, adhesive tape. - $75,000
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I'll pass... always worry about buying used guns, they might have been used in crimes.... oh wait... that's the point, isn't it?

Well, in that case... I'll pass.

a bit pricey for an EDC anyway.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    really a shame that they felt the need to re-stamp the .38 with serial numbers, as being ground off was part of the history of the weapon.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I could buy a lot of great guns for $150,000 dollars. I'll have to pass on the offer.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

VIP Member
    They're nice old guns, but it's a shame that they carry a premium because of the evil that they were used for. Where are our priorities?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    They're nice old guns, but it's a shame that they carry a premium because of the evil that they were used for. Where are our priorities?
    Yeah, I'd rather have one of Capone's Thompsons for for that kind of scratch...
    Poseidon and WHEC724 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    History is nice, but it shouldn't be expensive.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    Only one bid on the Colt 1911 so far.

Rumor has it that Moderator OD intends on adding it to his collection.
    pgrass101 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Hiw bout his .25 Colt poocket pistol? http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=100
    American organized crime boss (1899–1947), who, through his charisma, political savvy, and sheer ruthless ambition, emerged as the most powerful and influential criminal figure of the Prohibition Era. A Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket Semi-auto pistol owned by Al Capone. #148999, cal. .25 ACP, 2 1/8″ barrel. The pistol retains about 70% factory blue with fine condition checkered black hard rubber factory grips. The mechanics are fine, all factory lettering is clear, and a proper two-tone magazine is included.
    for $5,000
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    LOL. I must be feeling sensitive today.

The two pieces of guns that changed American history i would like to own if i could would be John Wilkes Booth Derringer and Lee Harvey Oswald Carcano model 91/38. But no thanks to bonnie and clyde

VIP Member
    IIRC in a somewhat recent auction, their Win Mod 97 sold for around $80K, and the Thompson sold for around $140K ?

FWIW there is a Bonnie and Clyde museum in Gibsland LA, the museum manager (the last time I was there) is the son of one of the lawmen who was on the ambush, Ted Hinton. Pretty interesting talking to him, the museum isn't too bad either. It happens to be in an old building that once housed a small cafe back in the 1930's, and it just so happens that it was probably the last stop, and food, B&C had right before they were killed. Clyde was the one that went in and got a sandwich and whatever else, to go, I understand that Bonnie had a partially eaten sandwich in her lap.

Oddly enough, and an extremely minor detail, but just recently they made an attempt to interview a woman who was still alive, that worked in the cafe on the day they were killed. One of the questions was what sort of sandwich did they order. Sadly the elderly lady died a day or so before the interview. The mystery of the sandwich will remain a mystery.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    LOL. I must be feeling sensitive today.
    Nah, you're right... I've got no interest in guns that have bad juju... But it was a set up I couldn't resist...

But then, that little .38 was taped right to the thigh... the inner thigh, no less .... of Ms. Bonnie....

Nah... I'll take "Famous Thompsons" for 140, Alex.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The next county over from me has booked a "John Dellinger" into jail this week. He even looks like a 20's gangster.

What the heck, here's my Dad again with one of his cars in the background. Break time using the car for a shoot with a movie crew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links