Proud papa moment

This is a discussion on Proud papa moment within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I'm driving down the road to drop my soon to be 11 year old daughter off at cheer practice. On the way I was ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By marinevet1994
  • 1 Post By marinevet1994

Thread: Proud papa moment

Proud papa moment

So I'm driving down the road to drop my soon to be 11 year old daughter off at cheer practice. On the way I was discussing becoming a lifetime NRA member with my 15 year old son when my 9 year old son asks what the NRA does. I try to explain to him about the SA and how some people want to get rid of it. The 15 year old starts up with his usual anti-Obama comments. As I'm trying to stop him (we try not to talk negatively about anyone in front of the young ones), my daughter pipes up with this little gem. " what is he, stupid?! How in the heck are we supposed to protect ourselves from bad guys if they take away our guns?!" I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or cry tears of joy!
    RichB70, Doodle and RemMod597 like this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

2. Remove Ads

bless her heart.

Please pass this on to your daughter:

"You go Girl!"

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

I'd say she's off to a good start.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

This is where it begins.

A child must be taught at an early age about things, not wait until they are much older and have learned to fear things they need not.

I think your daughter is on the right path, knowing the difference of how firearms can be used and also abused. I can see why you are proud.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Now this is the same little girl who, when we first moved into our house in 08, was standing on the front porch with me watching 4 doe walk across the front yard. She says "Daddy, they are so pretty... can we shoot one?"
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Imagine when she's a teenager-watch out LOL.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Out of the mouth of babes!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links