Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to ‘test’ police

This is a discussion on Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to ‘test’ police within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This may belong in the "In the News" section, but since it doesn't involve an actual gun, and I didn't see a, "People do amazingly ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mlr1m

Thread: Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to ‘test’ police

Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to ‘test’ police

This may belong in the "In the News" section, but since it doesn't involve an actual gun, and I didn't see a, "People do amazingly stupid stuff" section I figured I'd put it here.

I simply cannot fathom what was going through their minds. They're lucky nobody over-reacted and killed his nephew.

WATCH: Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to

2. Remove Ads

Wife and I talked about this today. Quite honestly if I saw I was there I would have called 9/11 and most likely go about my business. Why? Because:

1. I really doubt a terrorist that went out of his way to get an RPG here would be strolling around a Phoenix looking for something to shoot
    2. I really doubt some nut case happened upon an RPG and he if he did I would hazard to guess he would be doing something with it, not walking around with it.

Of course anything can happen. But if seeing something that is so improbable is someones litmus test to shoot someone then many folks need to stay inside during Halloween.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Filmmaker Michael Turley used his 16-year-old nephew to make a point about police emergency response time. He had teen walk around Phoenix streets pointing weapon at motorists as camera rolled.
    If he had pointed this at some armed citizen and they responded by killing him would it have been a good shoot? I think it would. This is clearly not the same as some kid with a toy gun.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    If he had pointed this at some armed citizen and they responded by killing him would it have been a good shoot? I think it would. This is clearly not the same as some kid with a toy gun.

Michael
    Actually it was a kid (16 years old) with a toy...but yeah, I could see someone blowing his off IAW the law.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Actually it was a kid (16 years old) with a toy...but yeah, I could see someone blowing his off IAW the law.
    Understand that he was a kid. However dressed in that disguise he could have been sixteen or eighty five, no way for a person to tell. I would not be surprised to find out that him being a juvenile was part of the reason that he was picked by his uncle to commit the crime. Lower sentence because of his age. Had the kid been shot the uncle would have been responsible for the death in my opinion. Felony homicide I would think.

Michael
    suntzu and Spirit51 like this.

VIP Member
    Wonder how he will enjoy testing out the jail facilities.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links