Absolutely Disgusting, Pit Bull (Bully Breed) owners beware

This is a discussion on Absolutely Disgusting, Pit Bull (Bully Breed) owners beware within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dragongtr Terry Jordan is a politician......... so both. Has it been proven that Jordan posted this..? I think not... And while I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Absolutely Disgusting, Pit Bull (Bully Breed) owners beware

Quote Originally Posted by dragongtr View Post
    Terry Jordan is a politician......... so both.
    Has it been proven that Jordan posted this..? I think not...

And while I dislike Politicians even more than I dislike pits, I think Jordan has learned to respect his constituency... So I think the politician might not have done this. In fact, it is quite possible that an opposition supporter has done this to make Jordan look bad... That stuff happens more often than you know... Identities get stolen... as an extreme example.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

I am always angered when I see an animal 'put down' and the owner incurs no penalty. Animals are like our children. If you see bad behaviour you only need to look as far as the parents/owners to find the root cause. Understandbly there are always exceptions.

If we wish to change this problem in our society we need to apply the consequences to the owners. If a person has to sit in jail for a couple of years for a vicious attack on someone other dog owners will take notice. "My dog somehow got loose." This is not an acceptable excuse.

I have two dogs (boxers) in my neighborhood that are allowed to 'get loose' on a regular basis. They have already killed some peoples pets. The Sheriff told me that the next step is to remove the dogs as a nuisance. We all know what that means. Take the dogs down to the 'Humane' Society and kill them. Meanwhile the owner just goes out and gets a couple more dogs!

Civilized society. That's what we call ourselves.
    joker1 likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Has it been proven that Jordan posted this..?
    Nope, and realistically he prolly had someone do it so it couldn't be proven it was him, this is great election coverage for the tool. Did he take a hard stand, did he not, blah blah blah. Either way, bully breed owners need to be aware.
    Criminals don't care, not about your life, not about your stuff, not about your animals.....

They are like politiicans, as long as they get what they want, they don't care.

All dog breeds have the potential to be dangerous. The last Pit Bull that I encountered was such a baby that he did not want me to leave because he liked the attention and petting I was giving him. He was big, probably weighing in at 80+ pounds but so gentle, I was not in fear of him whatsoever. He licked all over my hands in appreciation for me giving him some attention.

Then there was the Chihuahua that wanted to rip my big toe off and continue up my leg until it was gone. He thought he was a Pit Bull. He was a three pound short haired sack of fury that bristled, growled and lunged at me, barring his itty bitty sharp needle teeth. Had I not kept my distance, workers comp would have had a claim that day via the emergency room.

What we have is a failure of the owners of dogs to train them properly. Some however want a dog that has the potential to be vicious and then capitalize on those qualities by encouraging it.

The person advocating the harming of pit bulls just because is not aware that they are not the problem. Sometimes the owners are.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; September 28th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I don't like pits and will never own one myself. I know some good ones and I know some bad ones but I have no use for either one. But I think that the write up is a bit childish and over the top. Sounds like someone has had some really bad experiences with them and is just trying to vent some frustration.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Vicious" dog owners (and any other sort of dog owners) should be prepared for any repercussions ownership may bring, same as that which unruly, ill-disciplined kids may bring. It comes with the territory. You are ultimately responsible.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't have a dog in this fight (pun intended) and aren't commenting on this particular incident but rather the broader picture of breeds and ownership.

I always find it fascinating and ironic that no matter the dog breed owners will proudly expound apoun how that dogs pedigree is what makes him so adept at doing XXX task. Be it a blue heeler hearding a retriever swimming a bloodhound tracking or a greyhound running.

UNTIL THAT IS

You get to the fighting breeds. Then the story changes and pedigree has absolutely nothing to do with behavior and its all the owners.

Again this does not comment on the link in the OP of wich I've not even read

posted via that mobile app with the sig lines everyone complaints about
    Arborigine likes this.

Humans are the problem. Not the breed.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

American pit bull terriers are a great bread. They are fun, friendly, and energetic. Most fighting pits back in the day were bred to be aggressive towards other dogs and small animals and submissive towards humans. Obviously there are exceptions, but if you support guns, then you should support pit bulls, because the media portrays both of them exactly the same.
    BigStick and C hawk Glock like this.

Funny, you never hear about a killer Golden Retriever due to bad owner knowledge.

(Disclaimer: I have a bully breed, so don't get all worked up...)

I think the problem is that the breed HAS TO know who's boss and that EVERY human is above him... mine will challenge me about once a month. I just pin him down until he gives in, he shakes my hand and he moves on to eating rawhide. :)

My city doesn't allow Pit Bulls (or even part Pit Bull) in the city limits and that is just fine by me. Not because of the dog as much as the "drug culture thug" types that own them. I do believe that Pit Bulls have shown that they are more violent and those tendencies have to be kept in check with a strong hand by responsible owners.

That being said...I don't believe that anyone has the right to kill other people's animals unless there is a direct threat from said animal.

Anyone who does these kinds of acts should be hit with the harshest that the law can do. If it were my animal, they better beg that the LEO find them first.

But then who could do harm to a sweet face like this.

Buddy Holly.jpg

Or tangle with him in his LEO uniform. He has handcuffs and a little gun on it. Officer Buddy Holly.

010.jpg
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.Dale View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight (pun intended) and aren't commenting on this particular incident but rather the broader picture of breeds and ownership.

I always find it fascinating and ironic that no matter the dog breed owners will proudly expound apoun how that dogs pedigree is what makes him so adept at doing XXX task. Be it a blue heeler hearding a retriever swimming a bloodhound tracking or a greyhound running.

UNTIL THAT IS

You get to the fighting breeds. Then the story changes and pedigree has absolutely nothing to do with behavior and its all the owners.

Again this does not comment on the link in the OP of wich I've not even read

posted via that mobile app with the sig lines everyone complaints about
    I'll go ahead and preface my comment by stating that my wife and I rescue dogs and mainly rescue Pit Bulls & Pit mixes. I whole-heartedly believe that the they are the greatest breed on the planet.

In regards to R.W. Dale's comment about pedigree I have to disagree to a point. The pedigree of the APBT has never ever included human aggression. The reason being that back in the old days of dog fighting a handler did not want a dog that would bite him when trying to break up the fight. Therefore, any dogs that showed the slightest signs of human aggression were most often culled. I know that sounds harsh or cruel, but that insured that future breeding of the dogs would help to keep the human aggressive characteristic out of the breed. The APBT was known as the nurse maid's dog through out most of it's history (until some what recently) due to their gentleness with humans.

Now a days though there are way too many back yard breeders that don't care about temperament or behavioral characteristics so we end up with thousands of dogs that should probably be culled.

I currently have three pit bulls (two are pit mixes), and all three are very gentle and playful with humans. Two of them have come from ungodly backgrounds of abuse (the newest one was shot and left for dead before being picked up by animal control), and all of them now show no signs of being scared of humans or aggression toward humans.

More people need to take the time to do some research and truly understand the history of this breed before passing judgement. I truly believe that the large majority of people would be surprised at the real history and pedigree of the APBT.

I also am all for the owner's being punished for any damage that their dog(s) does to person(s) and/or property regardless of breed.
    BigStick likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't know if pitbulls bite more often, but they certainly do more damage when they do.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    First off let me say that I love Bully breeds. I have been around most forms of Bully breeds (including Pits) my whole life. It saddens me to hear negetive things about the dogs I love. My kids would be devastated if something like this happened. It would be pretty tough to get to my dogs though, they hate strangers and would chew anyone up who broke in without being invited. Even with a baseball bat there are very few people I have met that have the stones to try it on my property. Once invited you will see very well behaved lap dogs.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

My girl friend has a pit bull, very friendly animal that is good with children. I will let my children play and be alone with him in a heart beat. The reason dogs, and dogs, go bad is what their owners teach them. They teach, ignore, mistreat, and beat poor animals until the only thing they know is pain and violence (sorry spelling). I love thebreed and will treat ours like the family member that they are. As with any family member, they will be defended.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links