My first and only DGU--Did I do OK?

This is a discussion on My first and only DGU--Did I do OK? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; About 18 months ago, I arrived at my office around 8:45am. This is in a small town in PA. There was already one patient waiting ...

Thread: My first and only DGU--Did I do OK?

About 18 months ago, I arrived at my office around 8:45am. This is in a small town in PA. There was already one patient waiting inside, plus my office staff.

Immediately I noted a perp stumbling through my parking lot like a drunken sailor. He had a mask and looked like hell.

I looked right at him, staying in my car, but unholstering my 9mm.

I called a local police department to report the incident, but they said such situations were beyond their control, and they instructed me to contact a local state office for more assistance.

So I called the second office, and was told they would send out an agent, but it might take several hours, and that if I could safely "dispatch" the perp, I should do so.

So I got out of my car, gun ready. The perp crawled under my camper trailer, which I keep parked at the rear of the lot.

I commanded him to come out, but he just looked at me and refused.

Knowing more patients would arrive any second, I took a prone position (to shoot under the camper) and fired. It took 4 shots, center of mass, to put him down! Then a 5th shot till he stopped moving.

Of course, out here in the mountains of western PA, we practice the 3 S's - Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up.

I buried the little pest under several feet of dirt in the woods adjoining my office property.

You never can be too careful with a rabid raccoon. And the state game commission office DID tell me to dispatch it...

;-)

DGU??? Lil help here please.

~A

VIP Member
    Originally posted by APachon
    DGU??? Lil help here please.

~A
    Defensive
    Gun
    Use

Thanks Scott. Learned something today I guess..

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    well:
    he had a MASK. He must have been up to no good.
    Well done

AFS

Links