Book thread - post your most recent read here

This is a discussion on Book thread - post your most recent read here within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Roughing It" by Mark Twain. It make me appreciate modern conveniences... any and EVERY modern convenience!...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Book thread - post your most recent read here

"Roughing It" by Mark Twain. It make me appreciate modern conveniences... any and EVERY modern convenience!

2. Remove Ads

The Breaking of Ezra Riley by John L. Moore: Loved it and related to the themes and characters.
    Crazy About You by Randy Attwood. Fun, witty, coming of age tale in an insane asylum town near where I grew up.
    Lions of the West by Robert Morgan: I enjoyed it until I understood Morgan is some shallow eastern elitist that took a dim view of some real heroes and painted them in a poor light based on questionable research
    Boone, A Biography by Robert Morgan: Ditto
    Truman by David McCullough: I enjoyed every minute of this painful drugging through recent history
    1776 by David McCullough: Loved it! Want more of that important period!
    John Adams by David McCullough: Loved it!
    The History of the World in Six Glasses by Tom Standage: Light, approachable and full of great anecdotes to amaze and enthrall even the most dead cocktail party professional
    Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond: Ditto
    The Civil War by Shelby Foote: The best ever!
    The Internal Revenue Code by Congress: A light-hearted frolic through the ages of revenue and deductions
    The Regulations of the Internal Revenue Code by the Treasury Department: Astoundingly griping but boring details and examples of arcane statutes throughout
    The History of Taxation by KPMG LLP

and.........

I am now working through Alexander Hamilton by Chertow, a most excellent read.

I'll add some more later.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The Breaking of Ezra Riley by John L. Moore: Loved it and related to the themes and characters.
    Crazy About You by Randy Attwood. Fun, witty, coming of age tale in an insane asylum town near where I grew up.
    Lions of the West by Robert Morgan: I enjoyed it until I understood Morgan is some shallow eastern elitist that took a dim view of some real heroes and painted them in a poor light based on questionable research
    Boone, A Biography by Robert Morgan: Ditto
    Truman by David McCullough: I enjoyed every minute of this painful drugging through recent history
    1776 by David McCullough: Loved it! Want more of that important period!
    John Adams by David McCullough: Loved it!
    The History of the World in Six Glasses by Tom Standage: Light, approachable and full of great anecdotes to amaze and enthrall even the most dead cocktail party professional
    Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond: Ditto
    The Civil War by Shelby Foote: The best ever!
    The Internal Revenue Code by Congress: A light-hearted frolic through the ages of revenue and deductions
    The Regulations of the Internal Revenue Code by the Treasury Department: Astoundingly griping but boring details and examples of arcane statutes throughout
    The History of Taxation by KPMG LLP

and.........

I am now working through Alexander Hamilton by Chertow, a most excellent read.

I'll add some more later.
    Told yah so!!!!

I've got a 100 years worth of lives to read about before I can catch up with Harry T.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by RichB70 View Post
    One of my favories was "The Earth Abides" I think the authors last name is Young I read this many years ago. I loved Robert Parkers westerns I read them all. I'm an old man and have read many many books over the years. I can't remember them all. I have read most of Hemingway, Zane Grey,Louie Lamour, McMurtry,McCarthy is one of my favorites . I didn't like The Road. I have read the End Times series by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins twice 13 books . Please excuse my writing I never had any ed. just kinda stumble along.

Rich
    With that reading list, you have plenty of education.
    Hopyard likes this.

Told yah so!!!!
    Ja.........Most excellent!

VIP Member
    October beach book - just finished The Twelve, by Justin Cronin.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links