Almost used my... Fire Extinguisher! - Page 2

Almost used my... Fire Extinguisher!

This is a discussion on Almost used my... Fire Extinguisher! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My dad used a Coke bottle. He would leave the air cleaner assembly on, but would loosen the wing nut that held the assembly on. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Almost used my... Fire Extinguisher!

My dad used a Coke bottle. He would leave the air cleaner assembly on, but would loosen the wing nut that held the assembly on. Then he would pour a small amount on top of the air cleaner cover. I assumed this was the "Safety" device that kept the giant flames from erupting....

It was common around our farm.

Why didn't she call for help on her Obamaphone?
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

LoL over here. Couldda been me last year. When I left my ex I had to get my truck towed. I was also unemployed. there for a while I was walkin! Then I met Bill, and both of his vehicles were in the shop too! Got the new carb on the '73 Chevy first......Never have set ours on fire, but have been known to do the finally-got-it-cranked-jump-and-run technique. It's best if you stash the air cleaner and wingnut inside the cab so it isn't lost on those sudden take-offs. Be sure to fill the radiator before starting anything. After installing a new carb and the throttle cable isn't long enough to reach to the new carb, we are currently using string and duct tape. You gotta start with a screwdriver, stall the engine to kill it, and then remove the battery cable. At least we have a starter now, last summer we were parkin at the top of hills.

Actually, it DRIVES pretty good. It's the starting and stopping that tend to be problematic. Once ya get goin, it's pretty reliable, despite what onlookers might think.

LoL but seriously, it's the "back up" vehicle. Still beats walkin. It took about 4 hours to walk to town, ONE WAY. I could fight with startin the old truck for 2 hours and still be way ahead of walkin. Was glad when I got all the repairs done on my regular ride though!!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

VIP Member
    I've poured a splash of gas many times in the carb, I definitely wasn't lurking over it when it cranked. Still use ether today on a COLD diesel engine on a rare occasion, the trick is to see how little you can use. DONT RUN IT ON ETHER !
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links